Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

two deaths in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two deaths in Missouri

I don't know these people but i have heard about it since i'm decently close to where this happened. I believe one kid lived in lawson, and was riding and hit a ramp decently fast and eased off the throttle a little too fast causing the back end of the four wheeler to raise up. This resulted in a nosedive, which he hit head first instantly snapping his neck. Then the other kid was getting pulled behind a truck(?????) for a jump start or something i don't know, but apparently the truck went around a turn too fast and the quad and rider were slingshotted into a nearby tree, killing them instantly. My prayers are with their families and friends, just thought i would post this to let everyone know.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My thoughts are with their families. The kid that nose-dived the front end I can understand, but there has too be more too the story on the second one.

Old 10-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

There is going to be a death in NY [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] if I catch this kid....

The other day I was coming home from work...there was a car in front of me...as we were crossing over a train crossing, A young kid came off the tracks on a blaster...railed right into the front corner of the car in front of me....Blew the tire off the rim of the car and left one hell of a dented front quarter panel.

The little **** took off...I hopped outta my jeep and started running after him down the train tracks...If I would have caught him...well I would probably be answering some questions right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I did not catch him of course. (It must have been a sight watching me tear off after a blaster on foot..but I had to try.... I went home and grabbed a wheeler and headed out to find him...but he was gone. But the word is out...we will find him. Hopefully I will run into him on the trails...then he can stand there and watch me take a hack saw to his frame.

Old 10-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thats some serious bad luck there. I wonder how the kid did'nt blow a tire out? LMAO....a guy will do some crazy stuff when he is really ticked off....good thing you did'nt get too the kid..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 10-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

It's that kind of stuff that gives the rest of us really bad names in the atv world....

If more people would register their bikes and obey more laws (train tracks especially) I think more land owners would open up to the idea of organized trail systems like the sled riders get....

I live on an old farm...I am lucky enough to have a few acres to play on...but my property butts against some serious land...of which a groomed sled trail runs through.. I am not allowed on it with my quads in the summer... In the winter, I hop on the rev and I'm good to go...But it would be so nice to be able to use that land with the quads..

It will never happen if people keep acting like the kid in my post above...I'm sure he was scared (I could tell he was young, 14 or 15)...but he should have stopped...the girl would not have filed a report if he did stop. (well at least that's what she says)

Old 10-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

I'm not sure if it is the same story but there was a kid killed here in Kearney MO last week. According to the news, He was being pulled on an old car hood behind an ATV and was thrown off into a tree. He could have been pulled behind a tractor and they probably wouldn't have made such a big deal over it.
Sad to hear, he was 15 yrs old. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sAyIt_fmf
If more people would register their bikes and obey more laws (train tracks especially) I think more land owners would open up to the idea of organized trail systems like the sled riders get....I live on an old farm...I am lucky enough to have a few acres to play on...but my property butts against some serious land...of which a groomed sled trail runs through.. I am not allowed on it with my quads in the summer... In the winter, I hop on the rev and I'm good to go...But it would be so nice to be able to use that land with the quads..
A couple of bad apples ruin it for everyone. Do the sled riders have better public perception or does no-one care as much about degredation if snow is on the ground?

Old 10-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

I think it comes down to money IMO.. the local sled club where I live is hundreds strong..with a good bit of money to back it.

Old 10-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

not agreeing with them, but i think it has to do with riding on snow rather then dirt. snow melts and dirt stays. dont agree but thats what i think.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

The same goes with flying as it does riding quads, one accident and the media plasters it everywhere. We love to fly and ride quads and I think they are as safe as you make them.