Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor brakes

i have a warrior and my step dad has a raptor every time i ride it i notice that the brakes are crap is this the case with all raptors or just ours

Old 10-28-2003, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

I noticed mine where a little spongy when braking hard. I just put on steel braided brake lines and now it stops on a dime...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

I bought my raptor back in june and in july i had air inmy brakes...got the air vacuumed out at the dealership and now i got more air in my brakes. what is causing this??? the first time i was at the dunes and the second time i was on a logging road. do they get air in th eline from sitting for a while?? how is it caused and how do you fix it?? how do you fix it in detail...not a mechanic!!!!
thanks

Old 10-28-2003, 04:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default raptor brakes

they just seem to lack soom bite compared to my warrior i dunno what it is? and how does steel braided cables help
also does it have anything to do with the front tyres

Old 10-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

Getting air into the breaks can be lots of reasons. When they removed the air the 1st time, did they tighten the bleeders properly. If that is fine, you might have a small leak somewhere. Then lastly. Do your breaks overheat. One can overheat the breaks and the break fluid actually boils. Might be another reason.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

Everyone should bleed their brakes. you would be surpised.

I just put galfer lines on the front of my raptor.. Awesome mod for the money.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

I havent seen any brake fluid leaks at all.....how do i go about flushing the brakes??

Old 10-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

My rear breaks went away as well. I put new pads on an bled the lines and they were working great then i noticed fluid around the caliper. When I step on the break fluid seeps out where the break line connects to the caliper. Both copper washers are on and its tight. Now my breaks are going away again. I'm sure it's because the fluid is low and maybe air in the line. I guess I'll have to take it apart and see why its leaking.

Old 10-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor brakes

Starky your copper washers are bad. They don't hold fluid after they're removed/loosened. Sometimes you might get lucky and get 2 or 3 times out of them, but the first time that the washer surface doesn't mush well against the banjo bolt or caliper mounting surface there goes your seal, and it will definately leak. The washers are pretty cheap. Replace those, and it should solve the leaking.

Old 10-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Range Rover
Default raptor brakes

Originally posted by: homey32
they just seem to lack soom bite compared to my warrior i dunno what it is? and how does steel braided cables help
also does it have anything to do with the front tyres

stainless braided brake lines dont "balloon" when you step on or squeze the breaks.. they will put all the power directly to the caliper.. and if i say this is one of the least used and best hopup there is.. if you want stopping power.. forget them super discs and amazing pads.. buy a set of braided lines and your stopping will be WAY WAY better... there also cool in you can get them in colors to match the quad.. not just ugly black lines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: raptor brakes