Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why???

What compels people to dump outragous amounts of cash into a quad that they will never race or just race their buddies once in a while. I can almost understand selling the farm to build a show bike or the guys that really do get out and compete on the big hills or strips, but why put all that money into a motor that you are still only going to use on the trails and an occasional MX.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

For me, working on the bike or quad and modding the heck out of them is just as big a part of the hobby as riding them. In fact, sometimes I have more fun working on them then I do riding them. But thats only if I have a real bad day of riding, and thats pretty rare.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

Ocassional MX? if you ride track....even just for fun. That can justify the spending alone. chances are if your on a stock machine on a track...your in the way.

Now with the release of the CFR450 and YZF450. this has changed.

Old 10-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

A bad day of riding is better than a good day at work any day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Seriously I've wondered about this as well Starky. But as others have said there are worse things to do with spare time and money. Its alot like guys that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on show cars/trucks. Their never going to get even half out of what they put into them. For me I think its all about the lifestyle, and being able to say you got the baddest quad/bike/car/truck/ etc on the block. I'm not as crazy as some of the guys on here, but my wife definately thinks I spend too much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] O well, everyone has to have a hobby, unfortunatley mines somewhat of an expensive one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

that question is definetly on my mind ocasionally. but just think of what that 14-15 year old could be spending all his money on... he could be throwing his money away on drugs, alcohol, sex and whatnot.. those are all alot of fun but 5 years down the line if you are spending all your money on your 4wheeler at least you have something to stand in your garage and stare at..... and ride.... personally i spend my money on mine but then again i race so....

Old 10-29-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

Well If sex is in the picture I can care less about whats in my garuage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

O.......duneraptor...........Don't you know my friend? Women come and go, quads are the next thing to man's best friend.

Old 10-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

Ok im going to hae to throw this one out there. What is better a day of sex, or a day of riding. Sorry had to do it :-/ I know my quad wouldn't leave home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Ok im going to hae to throw this one out there. What is better a day of sex, or a day of riding. Sorry had to do it :-/ I know my quad wouldn't leave home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
after about two hours of either I'm usually too tired to do anything else..........LoL

Old 10-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why???

i get my stuff put in cheap (family connection) i get other stuff just here and there for a good deal... i only paid like $500 for the quad to start with (long story) but i did it just for fun and so i could have something that run half way decent and i liked how it felt with me so i modded it... besides isnt it fun to roost your friends when you race 'em??