Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster for a sport bike rider?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster for a sport bike rider?

going from a crotch rocket to a blaster is gonna completely change you perspective of night and day. Like everyone else said the blaster will feel underpowered, extremely underpowered.. my best suggestion to you would be to look for something used.. if you play your cards right you might be able to find a bigger & faster quad for about the same price...
I'm on a 600RR. Get a used shee and rebuild (big) if required, then get that mof to the sand east of you. If I had it to do over again, I'd get a shee. With the $ I've got into my YFZ now, I could have had an animal of a shee.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

what about a dirt bike rather than a quad?
they would have a LOT better power to weight ration..

Old 10-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

you keep mentioning you don't want to spend a lot of money. so you can do this...used banshee or new blaster. the blaster isn't anywhere near a banshee stock, but for less money than a new banshee you could make it just as mean. pipe, carb, porting.... that's like 6 to 800$ depending if you do the work. with thsoe your blaster will tap on like 35 hp-40 hp. that's a mean blaster

Old 10-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

Definitely go with the Banshee and you will be happier in the long run.... The Blaster is something that you would buy for the wife............. Or the young kid in the family.............. But for some one who likes speed (You ride a sport bike so it is obvious).. For someone that loves speed and is a speed freak STAY AWAY FROM THE BLASTER, all of you friends will laugh at you LMAO as I type..... A blaster is no different than a fat chick or a moped, they are all fun to ride until your friends catch you!!!!

Yeah, I presume you could get some decent horse power out of a blaster, but then you would have to modify the frame i.e. widen it out, as well as stretch er out and not to mention the suspension------->>You would have to do all of this to handle any huge gaind in power!!!!!!! BUT remember that a blaster is no different than a moped and/or a fat chick!! Definitely go with a second hand Shee!!!!

Old 10-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Oh yeah, by the way, a Shee puts out about 40 HP STOCK............... So therefore your fully modded blaster might be able to keep up with a stock SHEE!! A blaster is like a moped or a big chick, they are all fun to ride until your friends catch you on it.................

Old 10-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

some of us don't have a deep pocket book ( cough cough )