Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone have a Glamis report?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Glamis report?

I had a family emergency and was unable to attend. Who were the "BIG DOGS"?

Old 11-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing that I heard was that one of the Vagas boyz (Ryan I think) spanked KingRaptor and Raptor03 was right with Ryan but I don't think he ever got him.

Old 11-03-2003, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

stock yfz450 spanked my buddy's built banshee up olds.
i guess a dude that had a built shee(engine work, suspension) and a 450 said that the stock 450 rides better than the built shee....

Old 11-03-2003, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am a first time poster here, but a long time visitor to various boards around the net and have been a duner for longer then I care to mention here on your board. It sure was nice meeting alot of new people as my family and I have just recently moved to Scottsdale from LA. I don't remember alot of the peoples board names that I met, but I met a number of people and went to the madness of Glamis this past weekend as well. As a new YFZ owner I wanted to check out the hill scene and did meet up with king raptor and a few of his riding friends.

The fastest 4 stroke that I saw the entire weekend (Thur. Sun) was the Orange 400ex. from Arizona. On Saturday afternoon that bike was beating banshee's with drag pipes. I did see king raptor run his silver bike on Saturday morning against a beautiful black and chrome Raptor with a LRD sticker on it and that bike was very fast. That bike must have had a 4 bike length lead on king raptors bike by the end of the whoops, but from my vantage point on top of the hill, it looked like the silver raptor (kings) made up all those bike lengths very quickly and then passed that beautiful bike about 3/4 hill or so. Maybe they raced another time and I didn't see that, but the silver raptor definitely made more power as it made up the ground very quickly.

It was sure a beautiful weekend (bit windy on fri) and the dunes were fantastic! I think this was the largest Halloween turnout I have ever seen in my 15 years of duning at Glamis. Anyway, my Red/White YFZ ran very well with the basic mods and I am more than happy with that purchase and meeting some new riders as well.

Old 11-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes i heard of the race with raptorrayn and the big guy on the little gray raptor what was he thinking taking off in second gear????? but i hear he did make up for his mistake!!!! and that midget on the silver and orange bike i hear he is just plain fast!!! i fear for my title [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

I did not SPANK KingRaptor........It was close at the top. He was making up ground as I Shifted to 4th witch I don't normally do (did'nt pull as hard) it was the closest race I had. Raptor 03 was a bike or so off mine. Overall not to bad for the LRD "700" second time out! I would like to try a smaller rear sprocket & hit it again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I also got to put in a little seat time on my Sparks piped yfz450....This bike is Very Fast!!!!! I love it aside from the rock hard seat, I did not notice any pipe heat with the new set-up!! Great weekend...just a bit too short.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I thought that King Raptor's bike was faster than that? Not saying that your bike is slow by any means, but what is with all of the talk about "world's most powerful Raptor" blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, congratulations! That sounds like a very strong motor! I have not heard of a lot of LRD 686's but they sound mean.

Was the orange 400ex Bad's 483? That thing looks like a MONSTER! He said he is putting it on the bottle pretty soon, or was it already?

Hope every one had fun,

Street

Old 11-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

The "BIG GUY" on the little gray raptor as we call him now days was only on pump gas this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ahh, I see...

Old 11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

AZSAND how do you fare against king.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Glamis report?