Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee in the woods

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee in the woods

All right, I want to know if it’s ok to ride a banshee in the woods. I ask this question because I know banshees kick *** but were I live, well I live in the middle of the woods. And what’s the difference between riding a banshee (2-stroke) and any other 4 strokes. What are all the factors about riding a banshee in the woods, is it good bad, ok or not? Im just really confused about this whole thing about the banshee and woods. lol. I would appreciate if I could get some of your input so I can have some material to set me strait on this topic.

Old 11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

it really depends on how agressive of a rider you are. if your riding parters are fast pace trail riders, then there shouldn't be a problem. people tried to talk me out of getting a banshee because of where i live (heavily wooded Pennsylvania). everyone wanted me to get a 4-stroke. i'm honstly glad i got the banshee. i can putt around in the woods for a good 30 mins before it needs cleared out. it just takes a little getting used to if you're switching from a 4-stroke. when it comes to wheelieing over a mud puddle or trying to float across a mud hole... you have to know how to get your front end up. the bottom end torque isn't there... if your banshee is properly jetted, and you keep the rings fresh, spark plugs will not be an issue... as for the wheelies, a good mid range pipe will cure that.... (toomey).... it's all in what you like though....

happy riding

Old 11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

They seem to do well in FL. I ride with 3 Banshee's and 1 Blaster - i am the slow one of the group on my utility.....

Old 11-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

lol. Uh I ride with my friend but the trees set a speed limit. Its very heavily wooded, our tires scrape most of the trees when we get to a point were there’s 2 trees on either side right across from each other. And that’s how most of the trails are, so given that, how would the banshee handle?

Old 11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

how agressive do you get? if you just like to puttsy through the woods, i would suggest a 4-stroke... if you like to ride fast pace and are on the gas when you can be... banshee is for you

Old 11-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Be like driving a corvette in heavy traffic. It will do it but it could do so much more. If thats all you ride might as well get something cheaper with less power. A wolverine, warrior, or something like that.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well im always on the gas when is can be, and the slowest I ever get is when I like coast around the corner with low speed to pin it once I get half way around, and I would say when im on the throttle im its going hard. There are areas were u just have to go easy, I don’t "puttsy" around when I don’t have to. So yeah I like to go fast but the woods are very tight.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

my bud rides his Shee in the woods. I got pics. Even in the mud! www.forgotton.net

Old 11-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Shees love to have their throttle wide open, so if you can't be hauling *** most of the time, I'd say go with 4-stroke, 400ex or raptor...JMO...

Old 11-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Kraw: Awesome videos! I like the one you did to "Kick Start My Heart" really good job.

Quick Reply: banshee in the woods