Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Maryland Riders - please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maryland Riders - please read

Not sure how many people from the forum ride around the Baltimore area. For me, I have lost 4 riding areas this past year. I no longer know of a decent riding area within 2 hours. The latest to close is an area called Bloody Pond.

I have heard that people have failed in the past in trying to procure enough support for purchasing land for a riding area in Maryland. I think it might have been because so many people still had places to ride that they weren't willing to pay an annual fee. I would like to start a riding club so land could be purchased within a 1 hour drive of Baltimore (the land could end up being around York, PA, the area around Ski Liberty, or over the border north of Frederick. My only concern is Maryland is not a very friendly ATV state. I am not sure it is worth the risk of procuring land in this great country of ours only to have the government tell you how you can use it. Pennsylvania is way friendlier and already have various places throughout the state for riding.

Anyone interested in helping put something like this together? I have plenty of access to legal counsel. I am willing to fund a fair amount and am pretty sure I know a few others. The idea is to form a non-profit that would buy the land over 30 years using the annual fees to pay the mortgage and insurance fees. Volunteers would handle everything else - meaning no paid employees.

If you are interested, PM me. I am at the point where I need to relocate to another state, invest in staying here, or sell off all the quads and find another activity to occupy my time.

Anyone outside of Maryland who can offer advice, please speak up.

Thanks,

Jon