Blah

<u>Fun Factor</u>
Yamaha Wolverine vs Anything else

<u>Winner</u> = Yamaha Wolverine

Old 11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine vs anything else

Stop listening to all the crap that brand bais riders are telling you. When I was in the market for an atv I read these types of fourms and found that you only hear the the bad stuff for the most part and brand bashing. I stoped reading into them so much. The best thing to do is clear your mind of what you want right now and got out shopping around and find out what you need and what is the best bang for the buck. And test ride, Not gust behind the shop but get the dealer to let you take it for a good run (1/2 hour at least) just don't beat it up. For me it come down to the sale that the dealer was offering and the type of service and attidude i got from them. I did not get the bike that I orriginally wanted but found one that suits me just fine.

I finally got the Suzuki Vinson and I will say that at first I was doughtfull That I made the right decision (brand wise) but have been very very inpresed with the machine. Here in Newfoundland, Canada, For the most part where we go is all water, mud /bog and rough terrain, usually making our own trails as we go. Lots of power for a 500, handels very well, good in the mud and works pretty hard as well.

I will say that it is a true sport utillity machine, you won't be dissapointed with it especially if you are not in the market for a big bore machine. I use mine in some exterime condidions and it comes through every time ( not saying I never got stuck with it, but everybody gets stuck time to time ).

Hope you get the machine the best siuts you the rider and not your buddies or other peoples attitudes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

I got a Warrior so I would say go with the Wolve, if it is anything like the warrior as far as reliability then you'll have nothing to worry about. Theres plenty of options to make it go faster, just call FST Mickey Dunlap will help you. That manual clutch sounds pretty awsome too. I'v put my quad through hell and never had a problem.

Old 11-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Warpigs, what size stroker kit did you go with?

Old 11-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

TREESTAND I bought my 424 select from CLEMSON4WHEEL... &lt;---Thats the web site address.. They have them for $239.95 and free shipping and you can put one on in 1 hour.... as far as a wolverine.. i wouldnt trade mine for nothing else... there sport and utility all wrapped up in one. I but the tow bar on mine and use it to move my pop up camper and my 4 wheeler trailer..(much easier then using my truck)

You wont go wrong buying a wolvy

Old 11-17-2003, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

I just got a big bore kit no stroker. I think its .030, so not much. Its a JE high compresson piston, so thats were the added power comes from. I was thinkin 446 kit, but marrage puts a hamper on overly spendin.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Ah yeah i know what you mean, I was running out myself. Thats alot to do to it at one time. I bet it runs pretty good though.

Old 11-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

It runs great but just one problem, let me explain the kit came with a 11:0.1 compression piston .030 over bigger cam, heaveyer valve springs, heavyer clutch springs and a oil cooler. Ok it runs great the torque was so awsome that whan I went through a berm the first time and nailed it half way through the bike wheelied over the top, I was like dam, so I changed the sprocket to a 14 tooth front and that helped a lot. But when I warm the bike in colder weather with the choke on the header pipe glows red, and I got a 155 jet in the carb, but I think the problem is the pilot jet. What do you think?

Old 11-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm, I thought that a red glowing header mean that it was running lean. Im not sure though. You shouldnt have to change the pilot jets around though. I would call Mickey and see what he has to say about it. He can tell you a more than I can. I dont even have to change pilots with all of the engine work I did, although I could if I wanted to.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

I don't know but I looked in the repair manual and the pilot jet looks pretty hard to change, I don't even think they sell bigger pilot jets, I think you have to drill it.

Quick Reply: Wolverine vs anything else