Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Would I be looking at....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would I be looking at....

I have been talking to Bob recently so it isn't completely ruled out yet.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When ever your ready TJ.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone knows you can't just add the HP's from each mod together it is all about how they work together as a cohesive unit. I can't look at my Cannondale and say "HMF says 10HP with their pipe, so and so says 4 HP with their mapping, so and so says 4 HP with their head work, so and so says 4 HP with their bore/piston, and say that my Blaze will be making 22 more HP than stock (which would be big-bore Rappy power, btw). That would mean I would make hmm... probably 65HP. Ain't gonna happen, which shows you can't just add the #'s together.

Old 11-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Cool man ill send you a PM when im ready, still trying to work out somethign with a pipe.

Travis

Old 11-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thomez
Ain't gonna happen, which shows you can't just add the #'s together.
Go and read up on what everyone claims on their products for the Raptor. Consider only a full exhaust, cam and piston, along with proper air flow and jetting. Manufacturers numbers would easily yield high 50's-low 60's....which is not realistic. My previous statement is of course not exact, but definately in the ballpark.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Gary, that sounds about right. 50HP MIGHT be a realistic goal, but I don't think 55-60 is. I'm hoping to get to 50 or low 50s with a list of mods for the Cannondale that is quite extensive. Granted, the Rappy has 200 more cc's to start with but I'm just making the statement that it isn't super duper easy to get above 50HP. I think we agree on that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Try to pick on builder and put all his ideas together to get the most don't mix and match ideas and parts what works for one pakage may not work with another. But when all the right mods are done together it works great!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whenever we are going to see who has the highest HP bike by the dyno. . . I want to use you guy's Dyno!!

A mild 686 Craycraft (like the one I put in my Wife's bike) should dyno at just under 50HP (seat of the pants comparison to my DS which smokes it up the hill and dynoed at 51 HP.)

A stock Raptor is more like 34HP. I don't think most people have seen a true 10HP gain with just a pipe.

Realistic numbers:

Stock Raptor 34 HP
Piped & Jetted Raptor 39 HP
High compression piston and cams (depending on the compression and the aggressiveness of the cam) 43 HP
686 (again depending on the compression and cam) 47-55 HP

The dyno we use does register lower than most but, I believe the numbers it puts out are probably the most callibrated / accurate.

All the above is also depending on who does the work and how complete the kit is (not cutting corners.)

Old 11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

it dont matter what you are on the dyno, It matters what happens on the hill,just do your homework and let her rip,seriousley get it dialed in and she will fly with a cam and piston combo, im doing good with the mild Craycraft 686 and it is pretty fast,i dont talk big game i like to show you what im talking about...Im convinced now that anyone will change there mind about my bike once you see it run..trust me it rips.
and why wouldent you just send it to craycraft,i have never raced or seen a alba high comp raptor and probabley never well,i THINK THEY DEAL WITH TO MANY OTHER PRODUCTS TO REALLY MAKE A FAST raptor...jmoI may be wrong though..

and not to put you down but to consider a alba piston kit i think you need to do a little more research and see what's working for other people and think out of those mags,because i know no one on here has mentioned a alba raptor,maybe with just graphics and a pipe..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]