Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just when I though I saw it all....I went to Wellsville

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just when I though I saw it all....I went to Wellsville

A couple of friends and I went to ride at Wellsville on Saturday. I have never seen anything like this place before. I had a pretty good time but man is this place dangerous. You dont have to pay anything, have a state sticker, spark arresteror even wear a helmet to ride here! Basically nobody knows you are there. It seems like over the years people have just made hundreds of miles of trails to ride on and nobody ever said anything about it so now everyone rides there. This place is loaded with insane hills that are huge, almost straight up and full of rocks. There are also sudden drop offs with no warning what so ever. The thing that makes in the most unsafe to me is that anytwhere you can ride an atv, you can drive a truck, jeep or rail buggy. So instead of just having to watch for other atvs you have to beware of a huge truck coming over the top of the hill in front of you! So if any of you ride in Wellsville Ohio please be safe.

Old 11-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like where I go in Mexico. No rules, brawl for all kind of racing. Ive lined up againt Cherokees, rails, Jeeps, trucks...anything that can go up the huge hill. It gets crazy, but I have not seen any MAJOR accident...Ive seen fights and little roll overs, nothing worse. Either way, its always safer to ride with the proper protection if they require it or not

Old 11-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

I have been there and will never go back.....just because of that....Don't forget there is a lot of alcohol flowing there also and its not top fuel for engines...

Old 11-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Either way, its always safer to ride with the proper protection if they require it or not
You got that right. My jaw dropped when I saw people climbing some of these hills with no helmets!

Old 11-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Camo-man I almost forgot to mention that. Everywhere you looked there was beer cans in the bushes.