Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

450 versus Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 versus Banshee

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the chance to race a 450 against a banshee. If so, how did it go?

Old 11-20-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Search function.....

Old 11-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

my brother raced one on my banshee but i didnt let him take my go tires it was a sandy terrain lost by bike

Old 11-20-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

are the 450Rs even out to buy yet? If so i cant wait to run one on the rappy, i hope they have more performance the the yfz seing as how they are kick starter.

Old 11-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Range Rover

bassetboy55... I'll try hard to make this unoffensive but how in the world do you come to the conclusion that if its got a kickstart its automatically higher performance? The kickstart is a product of weight savings. Honda wanted the weight to be comparable to the YFZ so they had to make it stock with the kickstart just to make it comparable. The YFZ has a kickstart option it just doesn't come with it. And its still as light as the 450R.

Old 11-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

i just sold my banshee but i would woop my buddies butt with it. i had the coolhead 18cc domes, procircuit pipes and silencers, v force and jetted. he had the titanium header and pipe and it was jetted. i walk all over him in a striaght line but that bike is unbelievable everywhere else. so there you go.

Old 11-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Im glad you wrote back first bro. I would have been offensive. What cracks me up is this is one of the selling points, now, to the 450r. "electric start.........this is a race quad..........it doesnt need electric start" They are trying to say that because yamaha made the yfz with electric start, that it inst a true race quad! ha ha ha ha! OK, well the yfz will only way 335lbs with a kickstarter, the 450r will still way 350lbs!!

Old 11-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 135boom
Im glad you wrote back first bro. I would have been offensive. What cracks me up is this is one of the selling points, now, to the 450r. "electric start.........this is a race quad..........it doesnt need electric start" They are trying to say that because yamaha made the yfz with electric start, that it inst a true race quad! ha ha ha ha! OK, well the yfz will only way 335lbs with a kickstarter, the 450r will still way 350lbs!!
Actually I think it was Ridley on this site said he weighed his YFZ and it came up to 361lbs. Switch to kick start and it drops approx 13.5lbs which would bring the YFZ to 347.5lbs. That would only be a difference of 2.5lbs in favor of the YFZ. Real big advantage. Unless Honda also lied about their weight, the YFZ and TRX will be close only after a kicker is put on the YFZ. You know what my next mod will be. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (and before YFZ owners start jumpin all over me, I own one too, just making an observation.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So let the Crash929 bashing begin! lol

Old 11-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in answer to your question bassetboy , no. They are not out yet and won't be until very late this month or early next month. Some dealerships won't see them till january.

Old 11-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Crash929
Originally posted by: 135boom
Actually I think it was Ridley on this site said he weighed his YFZ and it came up to 361lbs. Switch to kick start and it drops approx 13.5lbs which would bring the YFZ to 347.5lbs. That would only be a difference of 2.5lbs in favor of the YFZ. Real big advantage. Unless Honda also lied about their weight, the YFZ and TRX will be close only after a kicker is put on the YFZ. You know what my next mod will be. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (and before YFZ owners start jumpin all over me, I own one too, just making an observation.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So let the Crash929 bashing begin! lol
No, the bashing on crash929 wont begin. Thats a good point. But I am sure, that if yamaha wasnt accurate, honda wont be either. That suprises me though, cause yamaha weighs theres with oil and collant in theres, just no fuel. Alot of company's will weigh theres with no fluids.
Either way, honda isnt impressing me that much with weighing in at a est. 350lbs, with kickstart already on the bike. I mean thats impressive, but not better then the yamaha, which is my whole deal with the honda. Most of the stuff on that thing isnt as good as the yamaha.
Trust me, I will have the fastest, best quad, and if its the honda, well, bring it on. Guess I'll own one of them too. Im just not counting on it at all. Pretty sure that the yfz will be sticking around.

Quick Reply: 450 versus Banshee