Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

I will be in the same boat at "rackman" This winter i am going to fix my ol' Carter Carb on the YJ and start rebuilding a 2003 Rubicon that was in a flood.... Insurance Auctions are VERY nice to a good deal. Gotta Love Jeeps

I might replace the leaking o-ring on the warrior that has caused the quad to 'mark its spot' in the garage.

Old 11-29-2003, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

SNOWMOBILING!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thats what I do during the winter, providing theres enough snow, if not pull out the quads. I'm hoping to get a newer (2000) Arctic Cat 440 sno pro

Old 11-29-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

im doing a total restoration of the rappy this winter!

Old 11-29-2003, 01:53 AM
Range Rover

craycraft 686 as soon as my tobacco crop sells. Dang weather is slowing us down though.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

extenede a-rms extened axle TCS shocks and new rear tires and beadlock rims... gotta get my bike set up for motox for summer.

Old 11-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the Lotus is pretty well restored, and I think I have pretty much done all the Wolverine projects. Overhauled the diff with new seals and side bearings, Warn 424, new Tag bars and brake block off/ditch the parking brake. Also flushed and refilled all the brake circuits.

All that is left to do is ride......assuming I ever get healed up from the last crash.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Working on my 66 mustang, last winter got all the body work done, painted and interior work done... Now its time to get rid of those drum brakes, i am putting disk brakes all the way round with a ford 9in...

If i get time i would like to tear down my Banshee for a full restoration...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Time to delve into my Jeep TJ build-up project... Tera CRD60 in the rear, Tera CRD50 in the front, both with Detroit lockers and disc brakes. Long arm suspension kit, Fox or Sway-A-Way coil over shocks, and 37" Goodyear MT/Rs on beadlocks...

I don't expect to be driving it until June... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I just got another project... getting my mom a toy train set for her Christmas village. Seems like a good excuse to be a kid again and play with a toy train![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to finish my hot rod, a 1970 Buick Riviera with the original 455 big block, 10.5:1 forged pistons, Poston S-Divider intake ported by Jim Burek, 850cfm Quadrajet, Stage 1 heads with big valves ported by Burek, TA Performance shorty headers, Poston strip cam, Burek TH400 with switch pitch torque converter (button on shifter, 3500/1700 rpm stall - awesome!!:-), B&M Star shifter, 3.42 posi rear, 3.5" exhaust into Flowmaster 40s, Holley electric fuel pump and regulator, 4 core HD radiator, Autometer tach and gauges, 63K original miles. I've got the major body work and drivetrain done, just need to buy wheels/tires, put a finish layer of bondo, and block sand before painting. I may farm out the final body work and paint if I can find someone local that will do a proper job without a 2nd mortgage.

The Raptor frame is going to get some gussets and powder coated. Depending on the $$ situation, I may upgrade the motor to one of Craycraft's latest creations.

Quick Reply: Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever