Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

I was just wondering what everyones gonna do during the winter? Going to have some extra time, the weather will be to bad to ride much. What are ya gonna do to your quad or ????

Old 11-28-2003, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I'm working on my Cannondale when I get a chance and I acquired Peugeot 505 car that I have been tooling around with. Things are boring I hate winter. Snow is neat once or twice a year but that's more than enough.

What you gonna do Shasta? Clean on that Harley you have?

Old 11-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

I know what ya mean about boring. The Harley is in pretty fair shape, not much to do to it. Gonna do a few mods to the Wolvy though. Ya know as the $s will allow. I have just got my garage lined out, got my coal and wood stove put in, picked up some pegboard the other day, also got some stuff to put up a few more shelves. At least I can build a fire and have some place to hang out and guard the beer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was gonna get a new craftsman tool box for Christmas, but my computer's usb port is f@#$%d up, so I can't use the scanner we bought. I guess the toolbox is out and a new computer is in. I have been trying to wait untill the weather gets real bad before I tear the Wolvy down. Had a good ride last weekend so I would hate to miss the last of the fair weather.
I have never heard of a Peugeot 505. What is it, a sports car like unit? I'd like to see one. Where in KY you from there DeuceRooster?

Old 11-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

hi
Im only gonna mod my fourwheeler if i break something. There is a new indoor motocross track in indiana and im gonna ride there this winter. and i just spent my money buying riding gear. I hope i don't make much riding this winter. but if it breaks it was time to replace it anyway.

matt

Old 11-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Shasta: For the USB port problem, you can probably just buy a USB card and plug it in one of your PCI slots and solve the problem a lot cheaper so that you can still get that new tool box. USB cards are only like $20 or so.

I am actually from Hazard originally but live around Lexington now. I work with a guy from Pikeville by the name of Bart Davis. You know him?

Old 11-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

My winter project is ghetto turbocharging a my banshee. Step 1 is I need a motofast 2-1 pipe. Step 2.. turbo.

-Nick

Old 11-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

This winter the project will be a body job on my 79 CJ-5 . couple of holes in floor and roll cage needs to be tied into the frame.9000 lbs milemarker winches are on sale for $599 canadian so maybe put one of them on also.
With the Grizz it will be fish fish fish all winter.plus plow some snow as it starten to snow today

Old 11-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Doin body work on my 73 Cuda thats my whole winter.

Old 11-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glamis, Dumont, Ocotillo Wells, Rasor Rd., Superstition Mountain, Stoddard Wells....................................

Old 11-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

got my spitfire to the frame. going to start rebuilding my 302 with more power, and stuffing it into the frame. i am lucky, having my hole family work at chrysler. i get all the modded laithe parts i will need. hoping to have the body back on and running in a few years. other than that, bought a new snowmobile, so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, lol

Quick Reply: Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever