Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever

finally gonna start putting my quadsport back together. i've been dinkin' around on this thing for a year and a half and finally got stuff ready to go. still need a few things like new exhaust, rear brake rotor, a straight steering shaft, but i can't take it any longer. it's going back together. i hope it's a mild winter....

Old 12-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mounting snowshovels to the back of my wolvy. lol. like to see if they would plow

Old 12-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

not everyone in california has great weather. Up north where i am from (Mt. Shasta) the temperature rarely gets above 40 degrees, it snows about every other day, and its not uncommon for the wind to blow 40mph.

This winter i am going to try and build a track out on my property. Hopefully i can get a break in the weather long enough to clear out the manzanita. If not i will probably just duck hunt a lot.

Old 12-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Steve Mt Shasta sounds like a nice place. I would think my pup Shasta would love it. I know what you mean about building a track. My neighbor and I have worked on a small track in the lower end of my property. Its basically a MX track for his boys dirt bikes, but it is still fun to shoot around on the wheelers as well. He works for a equipment rental co. and is going to bring a backhoe home to add alittle more to it, install a couple of drains and move a large dead tree. He has done alot of work down there already. In the summer it's shady and cool. He has a BBQ grill and some lawn chairs down on one end. Makes for a good family entertainment area. I don't care for him using it because it is prone to flooding very easily. But thats what makes it good, the floods always leave sand.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

My dad and I are building a trails/street legal/dune buggy. Right now all the tubing is bent and it needs to be welded and have all the parts attached.
The hard part is going to be designing and making the bracketry. but we have the tools so we hope to have it done by January. It will be powered by a 1962 Turbo 1600cc vw beetle engine, which is pretty quick but I want more power.
Also looking to get a new quad but not sure.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RaceWarrior350
Im finishin my 69 SS Camaro, So it will be ready to drive to school in the sping, Red with 2 black stripes, and a small block 350 biult with about 450 HP, bolted to a turbo 350 trans with a 2400 stall converter,shift kit, and maybe a trans brake, a 12 bolt rear with a 4.53 gears fully locked, lakewood traction bars, and a new set of Weld Draglite XP's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] should be stompin them imports around town, not to bad for a 17 year old in high school[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Ryan-
i hate you!!!!!! thats my favorite car.....i would have gone with white stripes, just my opinion

I hope i can get a car that nice for my first ride. i've got my eye on the 1967 Chevy C10 down the road with the 350 in it/ no headers though so it is not runnin 1500$ not bad considering it has a crate motor in it and corvette trans

who knows what santa will bring

Old 12-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

16 Year old in High School with my Cuda 440 gonna be pumped OVER 700HP first car also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: Names Ryan also. hehe

Old 12-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Suping up my 450 for ice racing season can't wait its going to be fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

tuning up and riding my new 1991 ski-doo mach 1 i got $800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm lookin' for a winter project just like your icon there 2003 Warrior![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Whats your winter projects? Whatcha going to work on? quads or whatever