Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?

Dabeech- There is a craycraft raptor running in the 4.2 in 300 feet. There are a lot of shees that would be happy to get there that have spent a ton. Of course these shees running 4.2 or better can not make it up the hills due to the way they are built. BUT there are a few more craycrafts being built that CAN run the hills and will be as fast. I was at Glamis last thanksgiving and you are 100 percent right. Those that run up banshee hill OWN it. Those bikes will not break 4.0 in 300 feet though.

Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
very true imback.

No i wasnt there. But i know enough to say none of your raptors were even close to king of the hill. Why am i getting jumped on for point out the obvious. ITS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!

The odd 2-stroke? Are you blind, did you miss the 1000's of drag banshees at glamis? Everybody with simular setups, cylinders, chassis, ect ect. Only thing different about these races opposed to your "plumbers crack" races is about 30mph!

You come to pismo again and ill show you how fast the wagon goes.
I did miss the shees - I WASN'T EVEN THERE!

Maybe you didn't catch my point... I don't give a ratsass 'bout being king of the hill. I'd rather run with the billions of 4-strokes.

Here in Utah, I'm damn close to the 4-stroke king and it gets boring 'cause nobody will race or very few.

Pismo? Are there hills/sand trails? If there ain't, I ain't going. Come to Utah and I'll show you how to get thru the dunes/bowls/chutes - if you can keep up.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Those that run up banshee hill OWN it. Those bikes will not break 4.0 in 300 feet though.
Dan Hull's 14mm Cheetah Banshee that ran 83 mph up Oldshill also ran 3.8 in 300ft earlier this year...

Old 12-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: selector
Originally posted by: raptor03i dident get beat by any YFZ this trip and there were a ton of them,i stayed in front..
Any rough idea of how far?

I was spotting my buddies DMC piped, airbox modded, and jetted YFZ by nearly 1/3 of the hill, and I still caught and past him by 3/4 of the hill.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

selector, the coming to pismo bit was directed to raptor.

My drag bikes arent made to ride bowls, if they were im sure they wouldnt be drag bikes

14mins. I have great respect for that raptor that went a 4.2. Bikes are built for different reasons, most times a track bike wont fair well on a hill. On a 2-stroke there are different pipes for different purposes. A hill pipe wont work as welll on a track and vise versa. Take that 4.2 raptor on a hill and it wont break 70mph.

Truth being the 4-strokes didnt own the hill. Simple as that. What is there to argue?

Old 12-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

We will like i said,and let's see a drag banshee be king of the hill on the left side of comp at Glamis,by the time they get thru the whoops a 4-stroke will already be at the top..lol

That's why you only see the "kings of the hill" on the right side because they cant go thru whoops..

Old 12-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

that double a-arm twister triple with full mx suspension would have ridden cherry though the whoops.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dabeechman - I heard you have a fast bike and missed you the last time I was at Pismo. I sure would like to see your bike run. Do you use the automatic shifting on your bike? I believe I maybe at Pismo on the 20th of this month testing out a Z485 so if you can make it lets meet up.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptor03
2 diffrent hills one like comp at glamis and the other one was real steep and short,i like the hills there better, more of a win and lose hill,if your fast then you will do good and barely no whoops..

there was one YFz that was getting me the first day but i would get him by a bike and the rest were 2 to 3 bikes..
Yeah but you never got to race this YFZ here. I was looking for you. I only got to race raptorowner.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

250r4life - and that YFZ is FAST. I beleive we were dead even on the races.

Quick Reply: Glamis- any thanksgiving king of the hill reports?