Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What can i do to a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can i do to a warrior

I have a 1996 yamaha warrior and i was curious what i can do to it to make it faster. I want to make it a custom quad. My brother has a banshee and i want to beat his bike. I have been told it cant be done, but i am going to do it. I am trying to find stuff to do and put on the engine to make it a faster quad. So please and info would be helpful. Thanks Nick

Old 12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

it depends on what he has done to the banshee. If it is stock it can probably be done. But it will be expensive. I would check out FST I believe they make a 500 bore and stroke kit for the warrior.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make it beat a banshee...as long as money isn't an issue. is it?

edit does fst have a website?

Old 12-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

What is the link to the web site so i can go to it and his bike is stock but i think he is putting t6 pipes on it. Also what do u think the price range is.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

This is not a fast project, i am going to contiually work on it for a couple of years.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Start with an Exhaust system, jetting and K&N air filter setup.

Then maybe try a big bore kit and a new hi lift cam setup, and maybe a little porting work....

That should get you most of what you want, will it beat a Banshee??? Proabaly not, but your trying to get old technology, to keep up with a two stroke.........won't be easy.

You do understand that Banshee's are about the most modded, fastest, HP making quads ever built.....Most modded Raptors won't keep up with a banshee.

If I was you, I'd just pipe , jet and filter it, that will give it a little more oooomf, but still keep it reliable.

I've got a box stock 1987 warrior, that we've run out of oil several times, beat it to death every time we ride it, and I have no doubt that it will run well for the next two owners as well. Not only will it not keep up with anything, but the limited suspension travel and poor shocks make it practically unbearable to ride after we ride our Raptor.....

It's your money, but instead of spending 3000 bucks on a bunch of mods, buy something that has a chance.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

I can't find the FST site, sorry. But like everyone says it's going to cost alot of dollars just to compeat with a stock shee. and once he buys pipes you can say bye bye. A freind of mine just built his warrior with 13.1 comp piston (the largest you can put in the stock sleeve), the largest cam you can get, ported and polished, larger valves, pipe, new FCR carb. And with all this he still can't beat a stock 400 ex. And yes he knows how to tune engines, it runs great.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you say he can't be a stock 400ex? umm...and your sure he has all that stuff done to it?

Let me ask a question. Does he know how to ride a quad?
I believe KILLERCUDA beat a 400ex with his warrior.....not even as much stuff as that I believe.

Something doesn't seem right there..I think my warrior could take a stock 400ex.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I watched him put it together. And I rode it too.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

What can I do to a warrior?
Trade it in on a new quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Seriously, Your not going to ever beat a banshee with a warrior. As others have said, with the money you'd have to put into it just to run with a STOCK banshee you could have already bought and hopped up a raptor or a banshee. As stated......your money, but its not worth it......

Quick Reply: What can i do to a warrior