Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please help!! Raptor Jetting for full sparks with GYTR jetkit

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!! Raptor Jetting for full sparks with GYTR jetkit

I took the lid off and it ran good and strong from 1st to 4th with no boggs, then from as slow as possible in 2nd to 4th with not boggs. Then I tried 1st to 5th and it ran good pulling really hard, but between mid - top end of 5th it bogged then I downshifted(a lot of popping during this) and went to turn around and it stalled. I tried spraying wd-40 around the carbs while it idled to see if it will idle higher(to check for intake leak) but it didn't effect it. It feels like the best attempt so far except for that stalling and little bogg in 5th. What would I have to change to make it run like this but with the lid on? I also noticed that I have to start it in neutral cause when I hold the clutch in and try to start it while in a gear it moves a bit cause I guess its close to the engaging point. The last sentence I wrote I did my best to describe it, but it might not make sense.

160/165 stock pilots 4th clip 2 1/2 out

Old 01-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

Hey rapter, i dont now if this will help but, i just install my gytr jet kit and k&n filter in my 04 raptor. And so far it is working fine ,but i havnt check all the gear out. I dont now what your elevation is where you live ,but my is below 3000 feet . This is what i did Install the clip in the gyt-r jet needle in the 3rd groove from top. After re-installing the piston valve (slide) in the carburetors, be sure to check piston valve movement manually before re-installing the carburetors in the bike. Locate the fuel mixture (pilot air) screw . Carefully turn the screw clockwise until seated, then back out:LEFT CARBURETOR-3 turns out & RIGHT CARBURETOR- 2 turns out. If further fuel mixture screw adjustment is necessary,adjust only the left carburetor. Ajusting both fuel mixture screws evenly is not necessary because of the engine's single cylinder design. And i have no lid on my with Lm-160/Rm-165 / pilot jet 25. i hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks miss but I already tried that same exact setup and towards the top end of the gears it would bogg so you might want to check yours. Well I don't have time to fine tune it and sparks exhaust is too loud to be buzzin down my towns blocks so I dropped it off at a shop and they're gonna install it and fine tune for $50.00 I'll Keep everyone updated.

Old 01-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

How bad does weather offset the jetting. Like today its really cold out and a few days age it was warm out would this make a big difference?