Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

0% interest for 12 months from Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003 | 12:58 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default 0% interest for 12 months from Yamaha

Anyone taken advantage of this? How does it work exactly? To figure total amount paid, I took a 4 year loan as an example at 0% and added up 12 months of payments and subtracted from the beginning balance. Then took 9.99% for the balance for 36 months.

Not sure if they do that crap if you don't pay it off in the first 12 months, you have to pay all the interest for that period.

Old 12-11-2003 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Those specials usually don't accrue any interest until after the interest free period, so at 12 months and one day you would start being charged interest from that point forward (not retroactively). If that's what you're asking.

Also it seems that when the interest does start, it's pretty high, I would imagine much more than 9.99 although I haven't seen the latest offerings from Yamaha.

Old 12-11-2003 | 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

it is high, either 17 or 21% Can't remember which.

What I do is take advantage of the offer, then when it's up, get a bank loan or even a 0% apr credit card, the kind with a blance transfer of 0%

Old 12-11-2003 | 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Don't do it unless you plan on paying it off within the 12 months. After the 12 months is over, it jumps up to like 19% or something like that. I chose to go with the 36 month 7% option. Its safer.

Old 12-11-2003 | 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I have also heard (note: heard) that there are title issues when doing Yamaha credit. That actually getting the title upon payoff had some complications. Again, second hand info. Whenever I do a zero interest deal, I do what these other guys said, I pay off when the interest kicks in. Don't like paying other people to use their money.

Old 12-11-2003 | 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kraw
it is high, either 17 or 21% Can't remember which.

What I do is take advantage of the offer, then when it's up, get a bank loan or even a 0% apr credit card, the kind with a blance transfer of 0%
Exactly what I do....

Old 12-11-2003 | 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt' really have any problem getting my title. I called to get payoff amount, they asked me where I wnated it mailed to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yamaha credit is through Retail Services. Do a google search for "retail services" or "HRS Yamaha credit" etc... you will read some real horror stories there!. edit, well, didn't find anything, but I have in the past! HRS also does Lowe's, Best Buy and alot of other retailers credit

Old 12-11-2003 | 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

I took advantage of this for my wifes quad. Only problem is that the interest jumps up to 22.9% after the 12 months. Luckily we bought her a blaster and we can pay it off in the year. I just got a YFZ last night and I decided not to go for that. I got a zero down, zero payments for three months, and my loan is only at 6.9%. I'd suggest that if you have the credit. The good thing about yamaha financing is that your payment is always 2% of your balance. Like a credit card. So your payment is always going down. I'd suggest setting a comfortable payment amount and just pay that everymonth.

Old 12-11-2003 | 12:39 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

What ShadyRascal hear is true. I did this same deal a few years back on a Warrior. What a scam. It went to 21% after the intial period, I knew this going in so I paid big pmts. Yamaha also charges you about $15 a month just to be a customer, you would think no interest would make all you pmt. go to principal. not the case. My problem with getting the title was actually Houshold Retail Financial's (who your loan is actually through, or at least was when I did it) fault. Mine actually got lost and I had to apply for a new one, then they would not release the lein, even though I hae paid them off 2 months ago, it was a headache. Long story short, it took 3 months to get a title AFTER I paid them off.

Old 12-11-2003 | 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

We bought our bike with 6 months at 0% on the Yamaha card and then it will jump to 13.9% for the balance. The interest rate at the end of the special depends on your credit score. My buddie did the same with his bike and his interest will be at 17.9% because his credit is not as good. I didn't have any problems getting a title from them either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 0% interest for 12 months from Yamaha