Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450r vs raptor

did you drag race the two of them?

Old 12-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r vs raptor

Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to drag them. I was told that the top speed for the 450R was 77mph. I know it is not a YFZ, but I might suggest a drag between my FST426EX and the 450R this weekend. I will post the results if I get a chance to do it.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

If you think its excuse come on down to NM and Ill show you y I talk they way I do about my R, it may appear somewhat stock but its whats on the inside that counts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just cause something is faster in a straight line doesnt make it faster everywhere. A cheetah Shee will hand my *** to me like it was never mine but thrown a turn or 2 in there and it wont seem so fast anymore. I consider a fast bike as one that is fast on trails, MX, hills ect.... not just in a straight line.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

Originally posted by: CrAcKhEaD
If you think its excuse come.
Nuff said.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

Originally posted by: FST426EX
I have had the opportunity to ride the new 450R as well as the YFZ450 on both a woods course and an MX track. No - the YFZ did not smoke or kill the 450R. Both machines are very similar. IMO the YFZ is more ergonimcally designed for the MX track. The seat hight is just slightly lower than the 450R. The reason for this is, the 450R has a shorter swingarm by about 3/4" making it a little taller. This is an easy fix. Both engines are very strong and pull very hard throughout the powerband. When both of these machines line up next year it will come down to the rider not the machine.

I'm not a pro rider, I was just included in the shootout for kicks. The pro riders who piloted the machines and gave the feedback were B. Ballance and J. Jones. If you check out my BIO page you wil see a picture of the 450R. If you would like more proof I will add some pics of the R after the brutal testing.

I just had to add my .02 seeing everyone bashing the R and not having rode one yet.
I respect your opinion, but who are you? Anyone can post what they want on the net....but I do feel the 450r will be a nice machine...but not a more MX friendly offering than the YFZ out of the box. Who does? BUT, who cares since the majority of riders do not race anyway??

Old 12-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

Hmm.........who would have thought it would come down to rider instead of bike.

Old 12-18-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

Originally posted by: garyc660R
I respect your opinion, but who are you? Anyone can post what they want on the net
you are correct. In fact, I had the chance to ride one last weekend too, and let me tell you, the YFZ does soooo much better in the mud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r vs raptor

You are correct, anyone can post anything they want on the web. I just figured I'd try and help all of the bench top racers with some real information on this new machine. What I have been reading is meaningless dribble about who's quad is faster. Kind of like a bunch of kids arguing about he said/she said B/S. Knowing that very few people have access to the 450R until '04, I thought I would try and give some real feedback from having some seat time on the machine. I know it is tough for some people to interpert others writing, but if you can see in my previous post where I'm giving the edge to the YFZ on the MX track due to it's slighlty more aggressive stance. This made it handle just a little better than the R. Bottom line they are really both nice machines! For those of you in this Thread that have claimed they have rode one - what did you think? Don't tell me the YZF is better in the mud than the 450R. Please, give some real feedback. That quote makes me think this guy is talking S#%t. Thats going to help alot of people make a decision on which one to buy.

Who am I? I'm just someone who loves the sport of ATV riding. I'm not partial to any one machine. I like all of them (not in any particular order) Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, and so on. Well maybe not Polaris some much. You get the point. I know that some people love their particular brand of ATV and will always defend them no matter what. I like all ATV's equally. I'm lucky enough to know someone in the industry and have access to a lot of cool machines. I was asked to participate in a shootout for a magazine. I could not pass this opportunity up. My friend and I drove to NC to pick up the R that was shipped from Honda HQ in CA. We test rode the R, YFZ, Predator, and Suzuki/Kawasaki/Arctic Cat for two days. It was a blast. During the two days B. Ballance and J. Jones also rode all of the machines listed. All of you s/b be familiar with these guys. If not then you really aren't into GNCC or GNC MX racing. Not a problem, I understand. These two were only the '03 champs in the GNCC and GNC MX. So after spending two days riding with these guys and watching them ride these machines I think I'm qualified to comment on them. Sure anyone can post what they want on the web...do you really like reading B/S all of the time?

Old 12-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 450r vs raptor

"I know my Wtec Eraser will beat both the 450's and your raptor. lol "

What the h**l is that thing!?!? I have to say it looks BAD A$$. Nice ride man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r vs raptor

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
"I know my Wtec Eraser will beat both the 450's and your raptor. lol "What the h**l is that thing!?!? I have to say it looks BAD A$$. Nice ride man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just4Kicks, Thanks for the complement. The FST426ex used to be a plain old 400ex. Mickey Dunlop @ Four Stroke Tech did the work. It was used in a magazine for a budget build up for a GNCC racer to show that you can have a race ready bike w/o laying out $25k. Now if I was only as fast as the pros. I'm too old now to run with those guys now. It is mainly used for weekend riding. Talk to you later.

Quick Reply: 450r vs raptor