Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HOW THE HELL DO U DO WHEELIES?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW THE HELL DO U DO WHEELIES?

If you have an FMF Power Core IV Slipon .. beware of the tip .. I wheelied once while practicing and told myself not to worry about tipping back .. the grab bar will catch the quad .. NOPE. The stock grab bar is about 2" shorter than the FMF pipe. To the pipe's credit it held as well as the grab bar would have and scraped about 50' down a hardpack dirt road. So much for my immaculate silencer tip.

I'm thinking about adding a couple of shopping cart fixed wheels to my grab bar .. that way, I can stand the warrior up and just keep on riding .. people would think woah!! look at that guy pulling a wheelie on the warrior!!! LOL

Just for everyone's info here I absolutely $uck at wheelieing .. I like doing them slow uphill. Just stand on the grab bar and juice it in 1st or 2nd .. it comes up easy.

Old 12-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

From one Warrior owner to another. I am 5'9" 140lbs. I have to roll slowly, shift into 2nd gear, push down hard on the back of the machine, slip the clutch, and pull the handle bars, all at the same time. It takes practice but once you get it it's childs play. I can pull the wheels up in any gear 1-3... Once there up it's all balance. Use the back brake (GENTLY) and the throttle to keep your balance. Shift up gears as necessary. Keep practicing and you will get the hang og it.

Old 12-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

My first quad ever was a warrior...(in 2001)... all i ever did was wheelie..... i honestly don't see what's so hard about it.... i never abused the clutch either..... i had a supertrapp IDS2 pipe, k&n, jetted, and one tooth larger front sprocket... and i could power it up in 3rd .... you kinda have to hit the strong mid range.... then let off and crank it and yank it at the same time..... it'll come up
easy stuff....i don't know.... maybe i'm just good? still haven't mastered the banshee.... i like to shift gears too much while doing wheelies...... i could stand the old YZ up in any gear you asked me to..... the warrior was cake... 1st through 6th.... banshee is tricky tho....glad i found a challenge..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

i could stand the old YZ up in any gear you asked me to..... the warrior was cake... 1st through 6th.... banshee is tricky tho....glad i found a challenge..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Geeze, all you guys seem so full of yourself. A wheelie is a wheelie, some people have skills, some dont. If you're not going to help the guy on doing a wheelie, then dont post. And especially dont post about how you can and he cant. oh, and I have to disagree with you, the banshee isnt tricky at all to wheelie... 1st through 6th... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I can send u some videos to help you if you'd like.

ANYWAYS.. I will have to agree, the warrior must be the hardest quad to wheelie, well a quad thats considered a sport quad. It really all comes down to balance balance balance! Try it up a hill, or a slightly inclined road, that seemed to help me out when I first started doing them. You will slowly gain more confidence in yourself and your quad, and be able to ride em all day long. Its only really about practice and balance.

-Nick

Old 12-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

i went from riding a wheelies on a blaster to a raptor...i had to work a little bit on my blaster to get her up, the raptor on the other hand wheelies when u don't want her too..

all i gotta say is DON"T BE SCARED. just go for it. if u put it over no big deal, u only have like a 2 foot fall to the ground and odds r ur not going to fast. just wear a helment. lift up that skirt grab ur ***** and go for it!

Old 12-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Range Rover

Oh yeah,one other person mentioned it and it was true of the Warrior I was asked to ride........
This warrior had a pipe on it and it stuck out past the grab bar so if I had overcooked it,the pipe would taken a shot.
I only noticed this after I rode it.....hahaha.
But if it comes down to it,you can always stand the bike up on the bar from a stop and then see if your pipe hits.

(Also,wheelies come in handy when pulling sod up on the lawn. Makes a nice even cut. Get a grab bar about 4 feet wide and you can do bona fide landscaping work with it.....hahaha)

Old 12-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

i did my grab bar sticks out about an extra inch or so...

Old 12-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

u cant b afraid t scrape the grab bar 4 when u r learning..u need to find the balance point of your quad so u can ride them long.

Old 12-22-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

OK Everyone who wants to learn how to ride a wheelie...ok first get a piece of paper and a pen...ok ready....ok first it's best to put a helment on...ok now rev motor up to about 3/4 throttle....in first gear always let the clutch out fast...it works best on dry hot pavement! if that doesn't do it try full throttle! Enjoy the ride!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 01:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

see what you little ***** did.... you got josh in here... showin us all up...

Quick Reply: HOW THE HELL DO U DO WHEELIES?