Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior ?

i have always liked the warrior. i have a big 500. and im going to keep it but i am thinking of getiing a warrior as will. i mean yes its a 350 2+4 but i have riden a 92 and a 02 and i think the 6 speed is a lot better. i have gone thro alot with thes. to me i think the warrior is one mean machine. how about you owners what do you guys think?

Old 12-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

Dunno how "mean" of a machine the Warrior is, but it certainly makes me happy. The suspension could use some improvements, but otherwise it's a very nice machine. Some say it rides rough, but I find that mine is quite smooth actually. My suspension is setup for real soft, which is part of why I bottom out on jumps. I'm about 175 pounds fully dressed for riding.

It's pretty fast for a 4-stroke 350. Can't compare with the Banshee for power and speed, I know that first hand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As for the 2002 being a lot better than the 92, I wouldn't count on it. The machine hasn't changed at all really through the years. There were some minor adjustments made in the first few production years, but otherwise .. from say '90 through '03/'04 they haven't changed at all mechanically.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with my Warrior.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

Sorry about that .. I misunderstood your 92-02 bit of the post. I thought you were comparing those two years, but you were merely mentioning that you have ridden both years .. the 6-speed is great!! I like it.

Old 12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

i like mine..but if i was to buy something now,,,it would have to be a 400 with reverse

Old 12-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

or a vforce/raptor if ya got $$$$$$$

Old 12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Range Rover
Default warrior ?

I have a '95 Warrior that I fixed up to get a little more performance out of it (.450 cam, high comp piston, exhaust, filter, etc) and I am very happy with it. I also have a Banshee and they are two different beasts. Stock, the Warrior has tons of rockcrawling low end torque, but leaves a lot to be desired in straight line acceleration. With the above mods, low end feels very close to stock, but with a strong steady rise in power all the way up. Very impressive. Compared to the Shee it's still a slug, but it is a controllable slug. When it snowed this weekend, I pulled out both. Took the Warrior for a ride and it was very controllable. It would spin on the snow on the top end, but by backing off a little I could still get around just fine. The Banshee was a different story. As soon as the powerband hit, the wheels spun wildly and wouldn't stop until I let off the gas and was bogging off powerband. Wasn't much fun at all. I think between the two I can do pretty much any type of riding I desire.

Colby

Old 12-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

thanks. i ride a lot of woods with steep hills, tight trails and a ton of mudd. so most of the time i would't be jumping the warrior a whole lot. keep em comeing.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default warrior ?

Power wise it is prob about the same as your scrambler 500. Raced a friend of mine and he could get me outta the hole when i had slick tires but after that it was about the same. pulled at most a fender length on me. I think I could take it pretty easly now with new tires and 1 tooth down on front sproket.

Old 12-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

Im happy to say mine has not let me down (yet) but i am very satesfied with mine although wheelies are very hard to do but other than that the quad is very stable and reliable and with a few upgrades it can climb just about anything.Ofcourse nothing compares to a Raptor.
I have a White Bros E-series,K&N Air filter and a few more upgrades and with just that I am a happy man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default warrior ?

will i dono my scramy wheeles with just a bit of gas and for as long as you want. i miss my old two stroke and im kinda looking at the 04 banshee. so i dono what im going to do. i will make up my mind someday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: warrior ?