Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

To beat a YFZ on a raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To beat a YFZ on a raptor

say they made a race ready raptor just like they made the 450 do you think it would dominate everything like the 450 is doing

Old 12-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: poolhustler
Eric,

You dog !!!! Call me next time you go out!!! I left when it started raining out there because the clay type mud out there is next to impossible to bet off of you and your bike. Last time I rode in the mud out there it took me forever to get everything clean. I just wasn't in the mood for it. I was surprised how empty it was out there, hardly anyone. I love it like that.

I am heading out to Calico to ride a week from this Saturday, call my cell and we'll chat. I can take my trailer and we could go out together if you can make it.

Later !!!!

PH
IM SORRY!!!!!!! Lol.. Yes Gorman was truly great. The weather was the best i have seen.. ( until the rain started) guess it was too good to be true.. lol. And after the it was NO ONE. Just us.. Later when we wereing riding we barely found one dirtbike and two quads.. That was it. Deserted.. Next time ill be sure too call when im out there so we can meet up.. And after we get to know eachother better we gonna probably pack up in your trailer and go even farther.. Glamis? Dumont? Should get pretty darn fun. I dont know about this weekend cause I think we are going to have only enough time for Gorman cause they next day were gonna head out to mammoth for the holidays [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So we'll keep in touch and see what happens.

later

-Eric-

Old 12-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry I reRead.. And found out your going to Calico a week from this saturday.. Well ill be heading out to gorman this Sunday most likely.. And if your going tell me so maybe we can meet up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-Eric-

Old 12-20-2003, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

bad350twin-No offense taken here but i still stand by my opinion because i have seen the yfz perform so well against many different quads.I agree with UBETRUN when he says the yfz does its best in a shorter race because that is what i have witnessed but with proper gearing i am sure they could do well at longer distances also.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hiram
With my Raptor, I had a chance to race a stock one and I was totally impressed how we where side by side even with all my mods until 4th gear, man if I would of been stock it would of crushed me, those stock YFZ's are impressive out the hole, I can imagine what they are like after a few mods!
dude there must have been something BAD wrong with your raptor......
mine will SMOKE a stock yfz.......I have ridden several and none will come ANYWHERE NEAR my raptor.....
and I am CONFIDENT that I can beat a piped one.........
my engine builder currently has a sparks system on his.........I rode it the other day and b4 he would let me on it he told me "don't get on this thinkin it is gunna pull like your raptor.........cause it's not"
I dont' see any way in he!! it could..........and well........it didn't.......

he has ridden mine several times and he told me that mine pulls harder than his piped yfz.....
who knows.....maybe he was just being nice........but I know that my @ss dyno was tellin me that mine was stronger.....