yfz VS raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz VS raptor

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
LOL

I would say you are a die hard fan if you are still cheering for them.

They might be better next year.....or atleast you should hope.

No reason to stop cheering now. Been a fan since 1975 or there abouts. The last year or two of Billy Kilmer at QB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've seen the good and the bad, and the last 10 years or so of Bad, Bad. The good will come again and I'll be there for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default yfz VS raptor

Well, In my personal experience, having both a raptor and a yfz, I can say that a stock yfz will spank a raptor all day long everywhere but topspeed (and reverse, ha ha). The minute, and I mean the minute, you take the baffle out, you can beat a raptor topspeed. If you have a raptor, pipes jetted, filter..........and try to take on my piped, jetted, filter, and cam mod, you are never going to see my bike again. Its not even a comparison. At that point, the 450 has more hrspwr, and ways a hell of a lot less. And I am just talkin in a straight line too. Put any kind of twists, or jumps into the mix, and I would really like to see anything hang with a yfz. There really is nothing that comes close, except for maybe the new honda, which sounds under powered from the latest dyno's, but still sounds like a decent quad. Thats just my two cents though. I'm not a raptor hater or anything, I won one for cryin-out-loud, but those two quads have nothing in common. A lot more technology is in that 450. That 660r really doesn't have much in it at all. Still a good quad, dont get me wrong.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default yfz VS raptor

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
hey selector...how does your 467 run...have you run it in a 300ft drag with lights, or no???
Nope - never will. Only the steepest sand hills I can find - and the occasional trail ride.

Old 12-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Range Rover
Default yfz VS raptor

The motor on my bike is completely stock, and every single time I race my freinds YFZ, I always hang right next to him untill I get about 1/3 of the way through 3rd gear, after that, he starts pulling away. His is piped and jetted, and he also weighs 30lbs more than I do. I dont know how much ground we are covering in the time, but I dont think that the YFZ has any advantage over the Raptor off the line at all... he also has his geared down some as well, cam mod, some kinda mandrel bent tube for an intake, and I think thats it. This is on pavement, keep that in mind.

However at the MX track, I cant find myself keeping up with him. When I do, Im working a whole heck of a lot harder, leaning and such than he is. Hopefully when I get a full set of elkas, that may change a bit, Id be happy with a little bit.

Old 12-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default yfz VS raptor

SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN IS OUT THERE
NO 4MPH DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!

how many forms will there be abput yfz vs craptor...i mean raptor JK

Old 12-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default yfz VS raptor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: slideways450

so... is the yfz faster or not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

selector: Does it really matter?

this is for above