Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450 Aftermarket Footpegs and Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 Aftermarket Footpegs and Nerf Bars

One of the things I have read is that some of the aftermarket companies, AC racing, IMS etc have footpegs that set 1-2 inches lower than the stock footpegs. Some of them are built into the nerf bars and heel guards as well. I've looked at the pics on the IMS and AC racing page, however it is hard to tell how much they are lowered.

Rider ergonomics is important to me and the one issue that appeared most troublesome was the seat to stock footpeg distance. If the aftermarket nerf bars and foot pegs are 1-2 inches lower, I think it would make a big difference. Also, did you have to buy an aftermarket shifter for the height difference?

Please post your experience or thoughts on this as I am trying to make a hard decision between the YFZ450 and TRX450R.

Thanks in Advance..........

Old 01-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

When I first got the YFZ I thought the same thing. The peg to seat height was way too small. The more I ride it the more I think it is a huge advantage to have more leg travel to use as suspension. You can jump a quad with no suspension but try jumping a quad with suspension while sitting on the seat. Just some food for thought!

Old 01-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

If you just need a new quad buy whatever you want or buy both, I don't care. If you let a little thing like footpeg ergonomics decide what quad is better for your style of racing then God help us on the track. Buy whatever quad suits your riding or racing style and then fabricate a footpeg height that is comfortable to you.

Old 01-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ridnwarrior
If you just need a new quad buy whatever you want or buy both, I don't care. If you let a little thing like footpeg ergonomics decide what quad is better for your style of racing then God help us on the track. Buy whatever quad suits your riding or racing style and then fabricate a footpeg height that is comfortable to you.
If you don't care then don't post. I asked a legitimate question and receive a stupid post from an axxhat like yourself. Did I say I was only going to take the quad on the track? NO. Some of us actually use our quads for recreational purposes as well, maybe you've heard of trail riding or sand dunes? Ergonomics are extremely important if you are going to put a lot of hours on the quad. Fabricate a footpeg?, Not all of us work in a machine shop and have access to the necessary equipment for Fabrication. When some of us buy a quad we look at all the factors.

God help us if that is the best info you can provide.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

You can get the X factors. They'll lower the pegs over 1/2". /some short guys on here might not understand that when you're a bigger guy on a YFZ, you need to change the ergos some.

I also heard some of the pro racers are using a lowering kit that AC came up with for their nerfs. I wonder when they will be available.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

L2fly,
I have the A/C p/pegs and they are the same height as stock.

As this is so important to you perhaps you could ring the companys and find out 1st hand what they have to offer.

Good luck, Geoff.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

Aussie were did you get your AC p/pegs from?

Old 01-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys. It's always nice to hear from people that have or know of the products. The pics on AC racing's website give the appearance they are even with the bottom footpeg bolt. I will give them a call on Monday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Y2JRaptor660R
direct from A/C.

Geoff.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: aussiequadrider
Originally posted by: Y2JRaptor660R
direct from A/C.

Geoff.

Yeah, isn't it a great time to import from the US, but i idn't think you would of got them here. How much did you end up paying w/ shipping now with the Aus dollar so high. How long was the wait for them to arrive. thanks

Quick Reply: YFZ450 Aftermarket Footpegs and Nerf Bars