Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.

Great vids and close races,yea on the right hill eric could get into 4th and just kill me but on the elft hill i did alot better with the gearing,glad i finally raced selector and yea he has the fastest YFZ yet that i have raced...

picked up a few more bikes selsctor and i changed the gearing to the 14 up front and was able to pull it,bike was overheating and the clutch was slipping,hopefully i get worked out before 4SWIII...laters

Old 01-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Selector, I just taked to a customer out there that is running my 13.5:1 470cc kit on race gas and he is pulling off the line in 2nd and running up to forth on the same hill with stock gearing so that should give you an idea of how much better the hi-comp. will help.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

When is MLK weekend, and are you not making your Montana trip this summer? Heck, it's only 20 below tonight, its just right........
Jan 17-18 and as many days before and after that you want to be there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The actual event is on the 18th. 20 below? Buuurrrrrrr.

No, there is no Montana trip for me this coming July. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife started a new Job a month or two after we got back this year and it will take a couple years for her to get two weeks off. She will let me go to the nearby dunes and such without her for a few days but two weeks in Montana without her isn't going to happen.

That also means no day at LS Utah and no days at St Anthonys for a couple years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Will 22" inch haulers fit without extending the swing arm, or will they hit the foot gaurds?
Dana, I run the stock swing arm with 22" haulers, no problem. If they do rub then you can always tweek the frame for the plastic heel guards some. I take it you got your sprocket nut situation taken care of?

Old 01-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
Selector, I just taked to a customer out there that is running my 13.5:1 470cc kit on race gas and he is pulling off the line in 2nd and running up to forth on the same hill with stock gearing so that should give you an idea of how much better the hi-comp. will help.
4th w/ stock gearing on that hill ought to be easy w/ the 470 @ 13.5:1. Nevertheless, I do like the thought of increasing compression - again as well as a few other things thrown in. Is JE still making the piston?

Old 01-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

When is MLK weekend, and are you not making your Montana trip this summer? Heck, it's only 20 below tonight, its just right........
Jan 17-18 and as many days before and after that you want to be there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The actual event is on the 18th. 20 below? Buuurrrrrrr.

Hey, we got up to -1 today, felt real nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

No, there is no Montana trip for me this coming July. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The wife started a new Job a month or two after we got back this year and it will take a couple years for her to get two weeks off. She will let me go to the nearby dunes and such without her for a few days but two weeks in Montana without her isn't going to happen.

That also means no day at LS Utah and no days at St Anthonys for a couple years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Aw crap, thought we'd have a beer this summer. Wouldn't be able to do the MLK, I just took a couple weeks off this fall & winter, it'll be kid's spring break before I can sneak out again.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yes they make it to my specs. I have changed a few thing like Gas Porting the piston for better sealing,better oiling ect.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

im running 201010s on my rappy how much difference would some 21128s make

Old 01-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badrap02
im running 201010s on my rappy how much difference would some 21128s make
IMO, it's a function of gearing.

Edit: Taylorsville huh?

Old 01-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

yep good ol t-ville im runnin 13-44 gearing

Quick Reply: Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.