Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.

p.s southvalley and plaza both suck

Old 01-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MickeyDunlap
Selector, I just taked to a customer out there that is running my 13.5:1 470cc kit on race gas and he is pulling off the line in 2nd and running up to forth on the same hill with stock gearing so that should give you an idea of how much better the hi-comp. will help.
I was running the hill at Dumont on my YFZ starting in 2nd and hit 4th before the whoops and easily pulled it all the way up the hill. Never slowed down. I just have pipe, K&N with open box, and jetting.

I couldn't believe how many quads I could beat. Banshees with pipes were even a joke. I beat every YFZ that was running the hill also but I didn't hang out at the hill all day. I prefer to go in the dunes and turn once in awhile [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wish I had raced Selector...

Old 01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guido, what color quad and what kind of pipe did you have?

Old 01-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Blue YFZ with GYTR aluminum pipe. Been really happy with it. I was skeptical of buying any Yamaha performance part at first but they do all right.

Were you at Dumont?

Old 01-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I figured if it was fast then it would be red and white!!!! LOL. J/K

I hear a lot of people around the net joking that the blue yfz's are slower then the white.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I'm the one that took and post all these videos of Selector. There was a bunch of YFZ's out there. I was just wondering if you were on a white YFZ with an Alien pipe. The guy pulled me over and asked what I had done to my quad because he couldn't believe he was being beat by a Raptor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

PS. If you think your quad is fast now, get the cam mod done. It's free and you'll be pleasently surprised.

Old 01-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Will 22" inch haulers fit without extending the swing arm, or will they hit the foot gaurds?
Dana, I run the stock swing arm with 22" haulers, no problem. If they do rub then you can always tweek the frame for the plastic heel guards some. I take it you got your sprocket nut situation taken care of?
... The threads arent as bad as we thought, I have to go pick up the washer, and the correct dye (whatever its called) to clean up the threads a bit, then hope they hold up when they are at 60ftlbs.

My gearing is now 12 - 41 I dont know how good or bad this will do with the 22" haulers, but i should order them by monday... Im looking to pull 4th gear

Old 01-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I think I had only two raptors beat me. One of them might have even been you. For the Raptors with just a pipe, it wasn't even close.

I had one guy on a Banshee tell me he was impressed after a few runs. We were pretty much even all the way up. He must have had more than just pipes though cause piped Banshees were losing.

I didn't hang out a lot at the hill but it felt to be good faster than most after selling a nicely built LT250R for a Z400 and going to last in just about everything. Z's can be built but I don't have the time to be messing with it. I don't plan on doing much else to the YFZ. Just wanted a fast, reliable quad.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I figured if it was fast then it would be red and white!!!! LOL. J/K

I hear a lot of people around the net joking that the blue yfz's are slower then the white.
Haha...gotta love the Internet. Back 10+ years ago my friends and I would talk trash all the time. Great being able to talk trash with a lot more people now.

As for the white and red, I'm just not a white quad lover. They start looking like crap with the boots rubbing against the plastic and sand roosting the crap out out of them by the blue YFZ's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

I only got beat by 2 YFZ's all weekend and they were both blue (selector and the lightweight guy w/ the LRD pipe, cam-mod and K&N) we ran the hills for quite a while too

The cam mod based on my observations adds about 2 bike lengths up the hill .... so you may want to give it a try Guido

Quick Reply: Selector videos @ Dumont New Years.