Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

back light flickers ... is it wiring prob or just dirty wires or soemthign else??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back light flickers ... is it wiring prob or just dirty wires or soemthign else??

Well i think today is FIRST time it's ever done this.. but my back light flickers ONLY when i turn the lgihts on stopping it's strong so could wires b firty or a wiring thing or what.. it's stock but 4 nerfs btw... never seen this b4

Old 01-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default back light flickers ... is it wiring prob or just dirty wires or soemthign else??

there is a little thing that attaches to the back of the brake pedal on my blaster, it's the light sensor. it's a little black thing with a spring gonig to the pedal. whenever you press the pedal down that sensor goes off and makes the light come on. my blaster did the same thing and it was just that that thing needed to be adjusted.
i doubt it's something u need to panic about, lol

Old 01-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

im not panicing u know i jsut think i mgiht b doing more nights rights( it's snowy out) HINT HINT!

Old 01-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

no see it ONLY does it when your off the brake so like on an idle it's flicker( go with the pu pu pu pu pu pu ya know... and when your goin it just goes on n off..

Old 01-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

not all the way on n not all the way off( well soemtimes) just flickers alot

Old 01-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Change the bulb, sounds like the filment inside of it, has detached, and is making intermitent contact.

Old 01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like the brake light switch is loose on the front brake lever. Take and hold it in with your fingers tight, if it stops that's what it is. You can take the switch out and turn it over to make it stop for awhile but it will eventually come back. Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

listen don't think you guys r gettin it... when the lights r off or ON and you are USING the brakes it's a steady light but when it's at an idle or when your haulin @$$ it flickers

Old 01-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

It would be a steady glow when on the brakes if it was the switch. The switch is turning on the brake light from vibration, you may not notice it as bad when your head lights are on but should still notice it if looking closely. Just trying to help, I have seen this on a few Yamaha's.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There are two filiments in the bulb, the one for the brake, is still good, the one for tail light is broken. Pull the bulb out and look at it, then flick it with your finger and watch the filiment vibrate.
If thats not it, then you have a loose wire in the circuit.

Quick Reply: back light flickers ... is it wiring prob or just dirty wires or soemthign else??