Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Very good Dirtwheels review of the 450R....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very good Dirtwheels review of the 450R....

I just read the new Feb dirtwheels review of the Honda TRX450r....sounds like they like it better then the yfz....they have not compared the two yet...but they had mostly positive things to say and when they did compare it to the yfz, they have good things to say....I would say Yamaha is going to be having to make some improvements cause Honda has just trumped them.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I will never trust DW... They always BS and always make honda look good. Ask anyone.

-Eric-

Old 01-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The ATV Sports buyers guide rated the YFZ the ultimate quad. Rated it highest in every category. The TRX450R came in second, and the Predaturd 3. LOL.

Raptor was 4th, and DS was 5th. Z400 6th.

They were rated in MX, Wood Racing, Trail Riding, Dunes, Desert, and one other. The YFZ was rated top in all categories. The 450R was down one on MX, Dune, Desert.

The Raptor was down on MX and Wood Racing, but high on Desert, Dune, and tops in Trail Riding.

The Predaturd was rated high throughout most all categories other then Dune/Desert(and even those were high). I did notice several Predator ad's in the book. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The Z400/DVX 400/KFX400 was all rated the same, and pretty good. The DS was rated pretty high on Desert/Dune, and decent on the other categories.

This was the ATV Sport 2004 Buyers Guide. Picked it up today at a 7-11 on my way back from the dealer. A REV Magazine was included, talked about a couple differnt dirt bikes and mod's for them. Pretty cool magazine.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with DieScarred. DirtWheels is biased[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There's no way Honda has trumped anything, they'll be lucky not to get blown out of the water.

/\
/\

I agree with that.
There's no way Honda has trumped anything, they'll be lucky not to get blown out of the water.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM, a Honda guy stirrin' up the Yamaha thread. Stay in your area Honda boy! LOL

Old 01-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Ridley
Think they'd sell many magazines with the real up and coming shootout if they didn't make it sound like a good fight? Duhhhh. Remember when the v force first arrived and what dirtrags had to say about it??? The ultimate, lol. Dirtrags has been sleeping with honda since honda first arrived, oh, and gave them tons of money. It's a given that dirtrags is biased, and it's even dumber to think they wouldn't try to sell more rags with some fancy rhetoric. There's no way Honda has trumped anything, they'll be lucky not to get blown out of the water. We'll see soon, but either way, it won't be decided in the chronicles of dirtrags.
Bahahahahaha so true, They are looking at getting more advertising dollars from Honda them Dirtrags lol I like it

Good thing I didnt listen to them and buy the v Force I would be sad now trying to sell it, they rated it as the best thing since the 250r.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

since when does Dirtwheels give a bad review?

They give every new bike a good review!

Dirtwheels is in it for the $$$

Old 01-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't received mine yet. there was supposed to be an article or something bout the South La. Trailblazers in it, was it?

btw, I got a chance to ridet he YFZ450 this weekend, it's pretty damn impressive! /me wants

Old 01-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Let's not forget how retarded DirtWheels is when they give there reviews. Take for instance about three years ago when they compared the Warrior and Wolverine, I got to looking at the final where the stars are and they gave the Warrior a 5 star rating on choke location accesiblity and the Wolverine a 2 star rating, now lets not think about that to long. Then when someone tries to point out there mistakes they always cover up and make a excuss or don't even answer.

I also think Honda jumped to fast to get a new quad out and they are going to mess up like they did on the first release of the 400ex and the there crotch-rocket the 600RR and have some major engine internal issues.

Look at Yamaha keeping it plain and simple for all these years with the Banshee, Warrior, Blaster and the Wolverine slipping up on 10 years old, but DirtWheels always rips Yamaha because they never change there older stuff.

Quick Reply: Very good Dirtwheels review of the 450R....