Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. V-Force 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor vs. V-Force 700

If u have the dough to spend go ahead and buy the honda 450 or the yamaha 450!! but i would probably look at the raptor, i felt i was to big for the 450's and i am 6-3so i felt the raptor was the best fitting quad for my style. You will be very happy with any of the 450's or the raptor!!!!
the v force is a very huge quad but a nice quad on trails but i dont feel safe on it myself. but then i am used to the raptor!
hope this helps!

Old 01-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

I think either quad would be a good choice for the type of riding you do. It all comes down to preference. Do you want automatic or manual? Does weight affect your choice at all? Sit down on both machines and see which one you feel most comfortable on, and try them both out if possible. I think you'll be happy with either one of those machines.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good advice I agree, either will fit your needs but i think if you ride the rappy it will be your choice, course i am a little biased. LOL

Old 01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Then yes the Raptor is your EXACT BIKE. Its the meanest trail bike. An insane climber and sand rider. Ull love it. And im jumping 15-25ft on my raptor all the time. And no problems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-Eric-

Old 01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer

I too am 5' 10" tall and weigh 165 lbs. I've owned both a Raptor and now the V-Force and I wouldn't trade the V-Force for a Raptor any day. I love the way this thing climbs hills, rips through mud and jumps small jumps. I feel it is much more stable than the Raptor. Friends also have nothing but good things to say about it after riding both my Raptor and the V. I've installed the EPI Pink spring and even if I don't get the hole shot racing my buddies raptor we are dead even through the rest of the race. The only place I have found the Raptor to ride better was in harsh terrain or whooped up dunes. The V-Force suspension is a little stiff for my liking. I'll still take the V any day. I also love the ease of maintenance with the V-Force. No chain to grease or sprockets to wear out. The rearend ground clearance is a huge plus when the going gets rough.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

first of all UH,, Hipsi, the v-force is too huge for anything, you can call it a utility it is so big, its got an automatic tranny, which is for babies who can't shift even though its easier because you get to choose the gear that you want, and it has a shaft drive, who ever heard of that on a sport quad, one of these months they are going to have some one call in and complain about a shattered drive shaft, its to much luxury for a sport quad, now the raptor has reverse liquid cool with fan, no shaft, or automatic transmission, its also fun adjusting the chain on an atv,

THERE IS JUST MORE TO GO WRONG.

raptor is just better, ITS A FACT OF LIFE,, except for those spanish made GAS GAS quads, they look pretty cool.. but i still like raptors

later

Old 01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

the raptor and yfz are the baddest bikes made, yamaha owns the atv market. no question about it and if you disagree you are crazy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

if you want one cheap go to jim bennett's in iuka. Raptor 5499 and yfz 450 6399

Old 01-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

yes thats what i am saying, i love the looks and performance of the 660r, at least the 03 and 04 models are bada*s the trannies are all fixed

Old 01-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

You'll never hear of a shattered drive shaft on a V-force simply because it has a Cvt tranny that slowly introduces the power to the driveline,not to mention the Cvt's always slip a little.

The V-force is a little more stable than the Raptor,but they are also wider and heavier,which adds to its stability.

If it came in a 5speed manuel,It would be more of a threat.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. V-Force 700