Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. V-Force 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor vs. V-Force 700

Grasshopper vs. Raptor......

Raptor takes everything but the competition between two people who can't work a clutch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

true that raptor660r the v-force is like a grass hopper, it likes to wheelie and flip, it is very unstable, Id have to say get a raptor!

Old 01-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Its only unstable if you're not man enough to handle it.

Old 01-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

i dont like v-forces, i did a wheelie on my friends, it turned while wheeling, i flew off the trail n crashed, no it wasnt my fault the dumb thing lost traction

Old 01-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

any quad can turn while in a wheelie if the rear tire pressures arent equal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I have ridden both machines and would have to say the Raptor is much funner. If you dont care about the fun factor, why ride?

Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

yes exactly, the raptor is a bit less un stable, but the v-force is utility size, not what you call a sport quad, only kawasaki would make something like that, but i do admire kawasaki's dirtbikes

later

Old 01-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

Nothing in particular wrong with the Raptor (aside from the starters and 01 trannies). I was always concerned I'd break mine eventually. It was alot of fun to throw around though. I figured since I have ACTUALLY OWNED AND RIDDEN BOTH QUADS extensively and am about the same size as the guy that posed the question, I'd let him know what I think. I actually enjoyed the manaul trans on the Raptor sometimes. No problem shifting here. I've been drag racing standard shift cars for 10 yrs and would gladly go up against anyone of you in the same machine to see who can drive what. Just something about going full throttle and roosting the crap out of the competition that make the auto fun for me. Man that V can sling some mud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: extremerider2811
the v-force is utility size,

later

What you little guys don't seem to understand is many of us feel cramped on smallish quads like the Raptor. I can ride the V all day long and not even get tired.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a raptor and my stepfather has the v i love my raptor and wouldn't give it up for a v but thats b/c of my riding style the v just couldn't do it for my but as for a long trail riding and things that don't require u to shift the v is perfect but if u want quick nice hitting power i say raptor!!!!

Old 01-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KevinM
Its only unstable if you're not man enough to handle it.
Sounds to me like your more concerned with impressing us with how big of a fella you are and how us "little guys" just don't know how to handle your 500lb couch..... How bout some useful information on how one quad is better than the other for the original poster. Since that was his question in the first place.

What you little guys don't seem to understand is many of us feel cramped on smallish quads like the Raptor. I can ride the V all day long and not even get tired.
Alittle bit more useful.... Now what your trying to say is, you felt to cramped up on a raptor, and the V is a more comfortable platform for bigger folks right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I honestly think it comes down to your preferences. Do you want to be able to clutch it, and be able to throw it around easily. Or would you rather have an auto clutch and not have to worry about gear selection, and like KevinM said have a nice soft ride that won't tire you out? Just weigh all the adv./disadvan. and make your choice based on what you'd rather have. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. V-Force 700