Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

getting new plastics from a wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting new plastics from a wreck

this is a long story so i will make it short. Back injune i bought a brand new yamaha raptor, well about 3 weeks later i had no brakes, then again in august and then again in november and again in december. yeah i have taken my quad to the dealership 4 times now and they can not find the problem. It has all been under my warrenty, Air has been getting in the lines but with no sign of leaks, none at all, the dealership and yamaha have no idea what is going on. well the last time i rode my quad and figured out that i have no brakes it was was to late because i drove into a hill. Brakes were totally gone and couldnt turn fast enough. Yamaha has made it a long process but because i was in a wreck i am getting all new brakes system and yamaha will get me new plastics!!!

I have to get yamaha plastics, i have a blue frame. I dont think i want blue plastics again so i am looking at the black plastics or white ones.
what are your pro's and cons with the black or white ones.
I am leaning towards black because i am going to get some killer flames done!
if u have black plastics with blue frame by any chance let me know!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black shows scratches big time keep that in mind.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

One of the forum members on here has a black set of plastic with blue frame and blue flames......It looks TIGHT! Although as Raptorx44 said it REALLY shows scratches.... White is cool too, but you really have to keep after cleaning it. I had a 96' yz125, and that yr. they were white and blue. Mine stayed looking real nice. I just stayed after it, and cleaned it OFTEN with simple green. Let us now when you get the new skins. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

flynbryan you have a good point, yamaha has no customer service at all!!!! i have called them like 4 times and each i get off i have been pissed.

yeah i was hoping for black but i hate to see all those scratches. I always keep my quad clean, i will detail it after it is already detail. I have fallen of the quad because it is to slippery.

what other plastics have yamaha made for the raptors, colors?

Old 01-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Get the Black! Check out the Graffics at K&K. SWEET for flames. the raptor ones look just like the yzf is the only pictures they have.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

I have black plastics, look at my pictures to see how bad it shows scratches. I still think it looks awesome though.
As far as black w/ blue frame, I think it would look awesome. That K & K graphics kit is sweet.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

black shows every scratch.

you should see if you could get silver. i noticed that gyt-r has a lot of silver products now(headlight covers/side covers/ect...).

silver and blue is awesome.

or you should stay with blue if you have to. White could look good with the blue frame. And black probaly looks good to. But you have to baby it to keep from scratching it all to hell.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

techtip101 does his own flames on quads and trucks!!!!! they look awesome, i had some on my honda and i was very pleased. Contact him if you need any kind of flame or decal. he could hook u up!!!!
anyways yeah black would look awesome with red, oragne and yellow flames, not a big fan of the white and red plastics.

do they make silver plastics for the raptor that are stock plastics!??
silver would be awesome!