Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Goodwill from Yamaha....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodwill from Yamaha....

Well, I picked up my bike today, that I dropped off Monday. Had a new clutch, and had been adjusted just like when it came off the showroom floor. The dealer said that Yamaha had replaced it from goodwill, since the clutch is a wear item. He explained how Yamaha didn't have to cover it but did. So that is the second time Yamaha has stood by me(the customer). Not only did they replace the starter/one way without saying anything, but they went ahead and replaced the clutch without a problem.

So Yamaha definetly has me hooked, and I'm definetly going to purchase the YFZ. I talked to the dealer that sold me the LE Raptor and discussed purchasing some GYT-R items and having them install them without charge. Of course I have to pay for the item, but they will install the bumper and stuff without charge, and put the graphics kit on instead of the stock factory kit.

So I've got everything set up, I just have to get the loan, and pick it up.

So to say I'm happy, is a understatement. Devol's definetly has my business until something bad happens, but so far they have done a great job.

So I'm definetly going to have to say thumbs up to Yamaha.

And thumbs up to Fred @ Yamaha for telling them to go ahead and replace it at Yamaha's charge(at the bottom of the receipt it says, replace one time only at goodwill of fred @ yamaha).

Old 01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hard to believe yamaha actually had some good customer service. Im thinkin you should consider yourself lucky.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe I am lucky.

But I'm sold on Devol's and Yamaha until something proves me otherwise. Maybe I'll have problems with the YFZ that will turn me sour, but on the Raptor, they have treated me fair.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

That is great to hear. You'll have no problem with the YFZ either. If you do, call them up. They will take care of it. I have been dealing with the same Yamaha dealer for 30 years and have no problem here either.