Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Toyhauler advice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyhauler advice?

I've got a 20 ft Carson FUnRunner. It wieghs about 4500 lb empty. You cannot put two full size quads in it side by side. I can get in two full size quads, and two or three bikes, two full size quads and a bike and a little quad, or a whole bunch of bikes.....

My buddy has a Ragin, that is 8 1/2 ft wide (mine is only 8 ft wide) and he can get two full size quads in it side by side.

My other buddy has a tory hauler that is so high off the ground that there is no inside wheel wells and he can probably get two quads in it side by side as well.

SO unless you get a toybox that's really long (24+) then you will have these considerations.....

I've been borrowing my other buddies 16 foot long flatbed trailer a lot lately to haul four quads on day ride, that works pretty well...

Old 01-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Its unfortunate for those who live in CA, OR, and WA who can't pull doubles. I pull my wheeler trailer behind my 5th wheel so I don't have to sleep smelling gas which will sooner or later happen in the toyhaulers.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:15 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: sixsixT
LOWBOW I think it's around 4500 #s empty and I pull it with a 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 454.
Johnny the 23 is around 17,000 w/ gen. a/c fuel sta. tv w/dvd stereo ect. ect.
LTZ I'm not so sure about that. I looked at a lot of them and to me the WW was over priced.
They are very high priced, no doubt, and everything is overpriced. WW will last longer than all of them, they are just built better. I'm not saying the other ones are junk, hell I love the Gearbox, but from research and other people's experience WW is just built stronger..........JMO

Old 01-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

i don't know who makes it...but i love that damn trailor in the NIssan commercial for thei pickup. its hauling like four atv's (ds 650's). it looks like a car carrier that car dealership use. it holds two quads on the bottom and has an upper rack to store two quads up top. it's sweeeeet!

i currently use a land scaping trailor. im trying to find someone who can weld up an upper storage rack for more quads...just like the trailor in the Nissan commercial.

anyone know who makes that trailor?

Old 01-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Range Rover

I picked up a new 2003 Thor Wanderer 27 foot pull behind and I have had a few thing that needed to be fixed, but I am pickey and I wanted it done right and the sales manager was pissed because I wouldn't agree with his terms, but I know he needed to sell it because, he already had it on his lot for over 250 days and it was fully loaded with generator & fuel station, a/c , and fiberglass side and I stole it @ $18,263.33

Anyone else have the Wanderer toyhauler? And how do you like it??

Later, JLew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

screaminjlew- what kind of gas mileage do you get haullin that 27 footer?? What size engine??

Old 01-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I'll tell you what. It depends a lot on what your looking for. I went to the rv show this last year at Pomona, ca. it is said to be the biggest and I believe it. Every manufacturer is represented. It all boils down to $$$$$$$. The nicest hauler bar none was the 2004 New Vision haulers nade by KZ inc. Plush like a travel trailer or a motor home but with the added benifit of either a rear drop down or a side drop down garage access. It also has 3 pop outs and an L shaped kitchen ......Plush..... and not to bad on the price compared to the warrior. the web page is KZinc. com I think. Check it out.

Other than that I have several friends that have haulers and store them on my desert property and others that come to visit. The sturdiest and best built would have to be the Weekend Warrior of all that I have seen but the are heavy and you get what you pay for but they are not to bad. When I went to the dealer a 280 lb salesman hung himself on the cabnets to prove how warrior bolts to the frame. Very impressive. Could'nt imagine him riding a 400ex though or anything else for that matter but it was impressive.

Personally, I would not look any further than the Weekend Warrior or the KZ inc. stuff but money is also a factor and the others are not bad either just not put togeather as well from my point of view. Good luck and hope to see ya out there.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Range Rover

BudXXX I pull it with a 2002 GMC 2500HD with a 6.0 liter with Gibson headers and 3 inch exhaust. I pull it to pismo and I get around 9-10 miles to the gallon. I have three bikes inside so, fully loaded with water & fuel it weighs around 8500-9000 lbs.

later Jlew[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

We have a weekend warrior and its great. We put 3 big quads and 2 90cc quads in it. We have a Ford excursion that pulls it fine. I think were going to upgrade though to a 30 footer because the 26 footer that we have is a bit too small for our big family.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

BUDXXX, which model of Funrunner do you have? I was looking at them on their site and I cant tell which one exactly youre talking about. Do you think this model (the 26' one) or this one (in a 24') can fit 3? Also, when you have your quads inside, how much additional space do you have, towards the front?

We mostly will travel with only 2 quads but once in a while we might take 3, so if they dont have a model that can carry 3, we can put one quad in the back of our truck and put the rest of our gear (tires, gas, food, etc.) which normally goes in the truck, in the front of the trailer.

There are some kinds of tie down hooks on the floor, right? How many are there exactly? On our trailer we usually use 4 hooks per quad, but I think it said something about there only being 4 total. Have your machines always stayed put when you tow?

There is a Carson dealer in our area so I think that we might go check it out pretty soon. Thx for your help everybody!

Quick Reply: Toyhauler advice?