Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I give up...bye bye raptor.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I give up...bye bye raptor.

I got rid of my Raptor for the same reason. I don't mind spending money on new stuff but replacement parts have no value. Drove me crazy not to mention all the time wrenching. Now, I am one of those guys who loves to run on a virtually stock 400ex and stick it to others on much better machines - they know it, I know it, but they gotta live with it when I put a beating on them...

Old 01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

What is a stock 400ex beating?

Old 01-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

the raptor that broke down on the trail

Old 01-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yea, but with the 400ex wHen the trail opens up or you enter that open stretch before loading up you get humiliated....this is unacceptable.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

400ex cant beat anything worth mentioning i dunno wtf ur smoking

Old 01-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

WOW! i like the PMs rolling in for parts...my grave isn't even cold and the buzzards are circling. lol thats cool though. happy to help.

Guys... resist the need to defend the Raptor. I loved every ride on mine. I'm not knock'n it.

but what i will say is. i have a 01 warrior and an 01 Raptor. i ride the warrior more often. the trails behind my house are tighter than a nuns c*$#!, and the +3 a-arms limited the rappy for track and for the weekends when i would trailer further north to wider trails/fire roads. the warrior i would use in back though. so it actually got more use...i rougher terrain.

bottom line...the wrenches are on the rappy more than the warrior. and im not talking for modding. im going into my 4th year with an 01. and despite the reasons i gave you. it's just time for something new. for the riding i do. i suspect the 450 powerplant will suit me better. i think i quad a little smaller...a little lighter...but can rip just as well as the 660 is what i'm looking for.

heres where you guys dis-own-me. i'd really like to get into a Honda trx. but i'm not waiting til april.

Old 01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well I got veto'd last night when I made my statement of why I "need" a new quad.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Looks like I'm gonna continue Carrying the torch for ya Kuz. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe once I owe less on the Rappy I'll let it go....but I'm sure by then I'll be ready to "hop it up". I completely understand what your talking about Kuz. I had my wheel spacers on when I went trail riding the other weekend, and they stayed on for about 15mins. lol Just playing devil's advocate here, but you should take the width back to stock, and take her out for some rides. You may find it more fun once its a little narrower for the trails. Just a thought. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

My Raptor is gone also and I've never been happier, that was on serious money pit and I was still out of my league against the modified banshee's around here, so If you can't beat them join them. I have 1/4 the money I had into the raptor on my new shee and it doesn't need anything else to make me feel satisfied. The bad thing is the powerband always spins the tires no matter the gear and so you can go through a set of tires in a few hours when riding hard.

Old 01-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
400ex cant beat anything worth mentioning i dunno wtf ur smoking
hah....yeah..i do like the smooth ride and powerband of the ex though

Old 01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

It's still not beating anything...

Quick Reply: I give up...bye bye raptor.