Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee , Warrior or Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2000, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i need your opinion, i want to buy an ATV and i have 3 options a 94 banshee for the price of 2990$ or a new Blaster , or a used Warrior that i'm still searching for. I will use the quad for work (Transport some stuff) and for fun. I really like to drive fast, so i'm having some doubts. Reply with an answer.

Old 06-27-2000, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

i would go with the warrior, if you are going to transport stuff. the blaster couldnt handle it and isnt that good of a ride.

98 warrior, .40 over bore, high performance cam,uni filter, dg exuast

Old 06-27-2000, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Go with the warrior, I have 2 and a Blaster. The Blaster is fun, light and quick in the woods, but has higher maintenance and can't carry a thing. The Warrior is smooth, powerful, fun, and you can get a rear rack for it.

Old 06-27-2000, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

I agree with the others... go with the Warrior. I have owned and ridden a Blaster for a few years, then I bought a Warrior. The Blaster and the Banshee, both being 2-strokes do not have the low end torque that you would want for your "utility type" of work, neither have electric start or a reverse gear, and they are better suited for a more agressive type of riding. I am pleased with the Warrior.

Old 06-27-2000, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

If you are going to be transporting stuff on a regular basis, I wouldn't go with any of the three. Why? Because of the manual clutch. Riding on my Blaster while carrying something can be quiet annoying. However, if you have a rack and bungee cords, you can just strap it down and ride without holding it. But if you don't have the time or patience to strap down everything you need to transport, then the clutch can get kinda tedious. I believe the Yamaha Wolverine is auto clutch and it has the same top end as the warrior (I'm not exactly sure, but that's what I heard). I also heard it's pretty fast but probably won't get you to the speeds of a warrior and definitely not a Blaster or Banshee. There's no clutch to mess around with and it does have front and rear racks and if need be, you can easily tow something with it.

Just my input on this

-xWOMBATx

Old 06-27-2000, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

xwombatxI saw you lived in pennigton, Nj, what is your ride, where do you ride. I live in Burlington County.

Old 06-27-2000, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

I live on a 500 acre farm in Pennington. Not really IN Pennington, on the outskirts. My farm is bigger than Pennington =) I ride a 1993 Semi-Tricked out Yamaha Blaster and a stock 1994 Yamaha Banshee (stock is fast enough for me). I normally just ride around on the farm. I have a lot of straight paths through the fields where I can get up to 65 to 68 on my Blaster and even faster on my Banshee...not sure how fast, however fast stock is. I also have a lot of woodlands in back of my farm and over the years, I have made some really slick trails back there. Not many people like my trail, most of those people are those nature freaks =) I get 1-4 complaint calls daily but my Dad is good pals with the chief of Police so those calls are now ignored down at the station =) I haven't gone to any ATV trail riding places as of yet. I don't really have the time. Theres a lot of work to be done on the farm and I need to work off my new truck =)

Where do you ride at and what kind of four wheeler do you run?

-xWOMBATx