Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Updated edelbrock info.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated edelbrock info.

I have been searching through past posts and have noticed that edelbrock carbs were still being "tested" back then and nobody really gave a good review of it. I have found out that the edelbrock gives good power through-out and that the only complaint is the hard throttle. Is this still true? Or are there more complaints or positive imputs? I am interested because I plan on buying one soon and would like to know all the down-falls and gains. I am also wandering if it is okay to run an edelbrock carb with just a K&N air filter and a full comp yoshimura exhaust? Thanks.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

edelbrock carb can be adjusted to remove the stiff thumb throttle. the carb works great with stock to mildly modded motors. i would also say that the edelbrock is the easiest carb to adjust hands down. If you have heavy mods then you should bore the edelbrock carb or go for the fcrs.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

so a 2002 yamaha raptor with a stock airbox, a k&n air filter and a full yoshimura comp exhaust should run fine with an edelbrock carb? thanks.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

yea that's in the stock-mid rang... aint bored yet...

Old 01-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JayBird04
so a 2002 yamaha raptor with a stock airbox, a k&n air filter and a full yoshimura comp exhaust should run fine with an edelbrock carb? thanks.
You should notice big power gains everywhere with those mods plus the Quicksilver carb. I have just a CT Sonic pipe, Pro Flow K&N, and the Quicksilver carb and the power is way linear and builds quickly. Since it has no discernable "hit", the acceleration is pretty deceiving. I plane on putting in an 11:1 JE piston and Stage 1 Hotcam, and then eventually CR686 kit; and I will stick with the Edelbrock thru these mods. I'm not sure about these so-called "limitations" of the Edelbrock on built Raptors, because nobody has really compared modified stocks vs Edelbrock vs FCRs on a dyno with the same engine.

My only complaint is the stiff throttle, and if that can be fixed I'd say that this carb upgrade is awesome and can't be beat for the price. Jetting is simple, installation is a breeze, and the gains are awesome.

I say go for it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

thanks again for all the replies. i am definitely going to get one, but i am not sure when. it is either an edelbrock carb or front end package. and since the carb is cheaper, i will probably go with that. any suggestions on where to buy one?

Old 01-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Barnum's Pro... don't have a number for them ATM, but just do a search on it and it should come right up. Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

thanks again for the replies. i found one on www.moto-man.com for around $650. i will do a search for barnum's pro and see what they have.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

i wouldent buy one from a dealer i buy all my parts off ebay and i see them on the for around 400$ they are brand ne u can find alot of good deals on new parts and u can get good used parts for next to nothing ebay is the best and cheepest place to find stuff

Old 01-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JayBird04
thanks again for the replies. i found one on <a href="http://www.moto-man.com">www.moto-man.com</A> for around $650. i will do a search for barnum's pro and see what they have.

they sale for 599 all day on ebay.....

Quick Reply: Updated edelbrock info.