Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Went to Glamis

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to Glamis

does anyone know who was ridin the raptor with the k&k atv sticker kit at 4 stroke wars.also what was done to it.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

RAPTOROWNER
take a look at the video! kenz vs. sparks (pause it rite at the start even befor it vid starts, The Sparks bike all ready has a roost befor my bike even throws a grain of sand!!) My bike was still catching him at the top!! Also just curious, besides another sparks bike have you seen any other 4 stroke as close as the Kenz bike???

Old 01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Actually, Now that you say that. Yes, your bike was doing real good at the races. The starts did look kinda odd and didnt know why they did it differently, but then most of them caught on. I am not saying they were cheating but there was a race that was redone and the outcome was the same because someone complained about the holeshots. I just wish it was with a light as well. Then it could be more precise.

You guys had a booth as I recall with a banner right?

I cant believe that any of the other engine builders couldnt show up., They had a year to do this. The Red and White sparks bike was supposed to come out on top but they just got the motor done the night before and didnt get to do any test runs with the rider at all. It is still a good show to go to but I think that is the only time I will ever go to Glamis cuz that place is full of Whooops!! I dont like riding in that kind of terrain. I sure wish this could move to Dumont............................................ ..................................

Old 01-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Range Rover
Default Went to Glamis

the whoops make it more fun.just gotta make sure you set your bike up good and that you have a set of big *****.the left side of the hill i beat every bike i raced.alot of guys let off in the whoops and that equals disaster.you gotta hit em wide open and dont let off.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Whoops definitely do suck. I've been thrown off my quad before trying to get through the whoops...With my stock suspension I've found that the best way (for me anyway) is to go 1 or 2 extra clicks on the preload and try to keep the front end up.....Anyone else have secrets for getting through the whoops?

Old 01-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
It is still a good show to go to but I think that is the only time I will ever go to Glamis cuz that place is full of Whooops!! I dont like riding in that kind of terrain. I sure wish this could move to Dumont............................................ ..................................
You should have went with us on the ride Sat. We rode over to china wall (whoops about the same as Dumont) then lizard, brawley slide and then to olds.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

I have not seen the vids yet (my computer is thinking about them. lol)

If somebody jumped the start why were they not DNQ? How did you guys start? Flagman or tree??

Were there any flat drag races? Glamis is a fantastic riding area. To bad it is 1500 miles away. I have been there 2 times and always like thinking about the place. Those hills are like MT. Everest compared to what we have around here. I have heard some people talking dyno numbers. Was banshee girl there with the dyno again? Was the barcardi bus there?

Howardstern- Congrats. Everyone says you were right there or faster the whole weekend. That is a great effort. Sparks always has the good stuff at glamis, glad they do not sell the same stuff to the locals around here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would have figured MichealAZ would have kept sparks from jumping the gun on you. Did you ever run AZSAND?

Old 01-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: speeddmn
Raptor660fam where is the vids of me racing the black sparks bike the first race and beating him by 4-5 bikes and still pulling away? The only reason he got the holeshot is because when the starter raised his arm he took off and I waited until he threw his arm down which was supposed to signify the start of the race. If we would have been racing with a light the sparks riders would have red lighted every time, they definitely liked to jump the gun.

Yeah my dad said the same thing when he was racing about jumping the gun. No such thing as red lighting there, or penalties. I don't know where that vid is. I must have missed it. There was so much going on, I must have been doing something else. Sorry, thought I got almost everything. Me and my uncle switched off on filming so we missed a lot of stuff in transition.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went to Glamis

Flagmen-Yes. When he dropped his hand, but the Sparks guys would usually take off while his hand was going up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Bus-Yes
Flat drags-I don't know
Dyno-no

Old 01-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Went to Glamis

Originally posted by: sixsixT
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
It is still a good show to go to but I think that is the only time I will ever go to Glamis cuz that place is full of Whooops!! I dont like riding in that kind of terrain. I sure wish this could move to Dumont............................................ ..................................
You should have went with us on the ride Sat. We rode over to china wall (whoops about the same as Dumont) then lizard, brawley slide and then to olds.
Mitch, we stayed at olds till about noon on saturday. Nobody showed up, but we did see raptorboy660, the silver plastics. Too bad we never got to meet up after fri. Also did you stay for the races on sun? I couldn't find you guys after the first few races.

Quick Reply: Went to Glamis