Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats the top speed of a rapy and a yfz450

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the top speed of a rapy and a yfz450

I'm 5 Foot 8, and weight 135 pounds and I can get my Stock Raptor going 77.3 MPH on pavement. I can then Get on my Buddies Stock Banshee and it goes 78.4 MPH on pavement. Using the same GPS and everything. They are so close in a race its not funny. The Raptor will always win on dirt but then when it comes to pavement. The Banshee gets out of the whole better but When the Raptor hits 3rd it catches and passes until Top End and then the Banshee starts catching inch by inch. Takes forever but it does. I also think he can catch like that because he likes to draft me. But thats my 2 cents

Old 01-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Hozed
so basically... your mommy bought your quad eh?
haha...not exactly..I think I'm doing pretty good. In June, I'll be 21. I have been living in the 2 story, 2400sq. ft. home I bought 2 years ago..(still making payments of course, have to clarify for the younginz) just payed off my 99 zr2 chevy pickup, sold it, bought a new ford f350 4door, pwr stroke...and the quad..in the same week. Have an older 97 gsxr 750. and a heavily modified kawi 900zxi jetski..but i've had that since 97 so its had time to build up..Either way, I am in the 3rd period of my electrical apprenticeship, with roughly 1.5-2 years left on it. So you can see why I dont care for spoiled kids who exploit their belongings when they're not even theirs. I dont even like talkin about the **** I own, I feel stupid..but to get the point, no...ma n pa had nothin to do with anything I own right now.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: YamahaRiderOnly
I'm 5 Foot 8, and weight 135 pounds and I can get my Stock Raptor going 77.3 MPH on pavement. I can then Get on my Buddies Stock Banshee and it goes 78.4 MPH on pavement. Using the same GPS and everything. They are so close in a race its not funny. The Raptor will always win on dirt but then when it comes to pavement. The Banshee gets out of the whole better but When the Raptor hits 3rd it catches and passes until Top End and then the Banshee starts catching inch by inch. Takes forever but it does. I also think he can catch like that because he likes to draft me. But thats my 2 cents
that banshee kicked ur a$$ and u know it..theres my 2 cents.
but the flames on the rapter help a little, proably like 2-5 mph or horsepower, whichever u want!haha..jk

Old 01-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good to hear..
but there is ALOT of knowledge on this board. and with you only having 24 post... i really dont feel you have the room to says who knows what and who doesnt.
you can ask almost any question about any quad and have an answer within 2-3 hours...

Old 01-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Range Rover

true to that, but then u get people who cant agree with actual facts, and sit and bicker because their mommy n daddy bought em a rapter and since they have it and have bars on it its the best quad in the world...fastest at least...but i do agree theres a lotta smart people on here, but theres a lotta stupid kids too..but ur ok in my book....haha..and i wasnt sayin this guy is full of crap or that guy, its just i've SEEN guys on here full of crap..
thanks tho

sean

Old 01-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Range Rover

oh, and u need some riding pants n boots man! haha..jk, get em when ya can if u dont already have em

Old 01-22-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: seanDyfz
Originally posted by: Hozedso basically... your mommy bought your quad eh?
haha...not exactly..I think I'm doing pretty good. In June, I'll be 21. I have been living in the 2 story, 2400sq. ft. home I bought 2 years ago..(still making payments of course, have to clarify for the younginz) just payed off my 99 zr2 chevy pickup, sold it, bought a new ford f350 4door, pwr stroke...and the quad..in the same week. Have an older 97 gsxr 750. and a heavily modified kawi 900zxi jetski..but i've had that since 97 so its had time to build up..Either way, I am in the 3rd period of my electrical apprenticeship, with roughly 1.5-2 years left on it. So you can see why I dont care for spoiled kids who exploit their belongings when they're not even theirs. I dont even like talkin about the **** I own, I feel stupid..but to get the point, no...ma n pa had nothin to do with anything I own right now.
Then why assume anyone elses parents paid for their stuff? That's just pathetic coming from someone who has been here less then 21 days.

By the way, it is "you" not "u". Internet grammar makes me ill

Old 01-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: modquad
ATV Sport March 2004 radar runs from CA.
DS 70.49mph
Predator 67.61
Raptor 66.36
V-Force 63.39

Depending on climate, results may vary. Totally stock machines.
Interesting numbers. Seems that magazines always go conservative on their numbers. Look at the auto magazines. They test sports cars at say 14 sec 1/4 mile, then the average Joe can get it in the 13's easy.

What were the conditions for that test? Was it just for a certain distance or flat out "run until it quits picking up speeds"?

Old 01-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh, and u need some riding pants n boots man! haha..jk, get em when ya can if u dont already have em
i hate pants and boots.. they are so uncormfortable.. id rather ride in jean and work boots.. but i supose it wouldnt hurt as much if i crashed or something... but i only did mx a few races just to try it.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Hozed
i hate pants and boots.. they are so uncormfortable.. id rather ride in jean and work boots.. but i supose it wouldnt hurt as much if i crashed or something... but i only did mx a few races just to try it.
I usually dont like riding gear either, but i have some shift recon pants and they're pretty comfy, and the tech 8 alpinestars boot..I heard their vector boot was super comfy, so? but I know how ya feel cuz i got my quad and hadn't bought any riding gear and its nice shiftin w/o ridin boots, but the boots will break in after time and its about the same..but i've had 3 broken ankles and feet due to the times in the past i decided not to wear them.
I dont wear chest protectors tho...havent found a comfortable one yet, so...

Quick Reply: whats the top speed of a rapy and a yfz450