Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)

Had to bump this back up to the top, this really sucks!!!! this ***** got to end!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2004, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider

D@mn, sorry to hear that. You sound like your handling the loss a lot better then I would....I would be looking for who stole and getting some payback. You should contact the local qaud dealers and tell them to keep their eyes out for anything out of the ordinary, and also print up some flyers and pass out in your area and where you ride. Post the VIN# and I will keep my eyes out where I ride, Im a little ways down the coast from you but there is always the off chance that whoever stole it will keep it on the Gulf Coast.

Dont just give up on it though, I remember reading a thread on here about a guy who had his banshee stolen out in AZ.....I dont think he recovered the banshee but he did track down the people who stole and they were arrested. Offer a reward and spread the word because someone knows something, the right people just need to speak up. Good Luck!!

Old 01-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider

I had priced insurance, it was rediculous here. Never contacted Merkel (?) though. It's the neighborhood I live it. 2 cops, dead end, everyone knows everyone. Lots of people have bikes on this street. There are 3 other club members too. I knew I was taking a chance not having the ins, but hey, what are you going to do? I've dealt with worse things before. It'll be ok in the long run. It's only a material object. What worried me was people were in my yard in the morning while my wife was home alone. She never knew.

BTW, www.krawdaddy.net/atv/raptor.doc the vin and all info is posted there. Feel free to print out and put up in riding areas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have alot of friends that are cops, my dad was a cop, I work with alot of them. Word is out. There was a bulletin put out yesterday morning in the suspected area. Leads are kinda coming in already from friends of friends of friends.

I read that story about the guy in AZ, seems, he did get his bike back. It was bout 6 mos later I believe

thanks for all the encouragement [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I got some pretty inetresting news today.

NOPD called and asked if I had a blue ATV. I was like yeah, and went into detail about my bike, how, when, where it was stolen. Turns out, they had it in their impound yard! They had run the vin and it didn't come up as stolen, so they had to call Yamaha, get the dealer # then finally found me today!

Bad news.... it was STOLEN from the IMPOUND YARD! What luck?!?!?! Anyways, they are pretty sure they know who did it will need me to testify, with which I gave a hearty "HELL YEAH I'LL TESTIFY!"

Hopefully, I'll get my bike back, again. Then I can sale it and get a YFZ450 (which I was going to do anyways!)

Do you think I have any recourse against NOPD for an item stolen from their property? My dad (a former State Police Lt.) says I do, and that NOPD owes me a Raptor

Old 02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, NOPD owes you a Raptor. It was in their custody, and they lost it. Pick out your color[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I put a link on my website, www.freewebs.com/honda_racer305, and posted about it in a couple other forums, i hope you get it back!

Old 02-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrads, Hope you get it back real soon. It must have been an inside job if the cops new who stole it from the impound yard. Let us know how it works out.

Old 02-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Nice! Souds like they're responsible, unless they try to pull out some lame law that they have for situations like these. Congrats, now go get you that YFZ!!!

Old 02-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

man that sucks big ones kraw!!!! i have a friend about this time last year who got a 3 week old raptor stolen right out of his barn,thefts are some cheap son of bitches

Old 02-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

whoops, i didnt read your last post. Congratulations, and yes, i believe they do owe you a raptor. BTW, why was it impounded?

Quick Reply: Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)