Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)

Damn that sucks, im not far from you kraw. i live in luling, been hearing about alot of atv thefts lately.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Well that sucks, I hope you get it back. How would you steal something from the impound lot? Ive never really had anythng important stolen except a TV, Radio, and... a shovel up at my cottage. The punk sold the stuff at a pon (spelling?) shop about 3 miles away. Amature!!!

Old 02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

man that sucks sorry about the bad luck

Old 02-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

best of luck to ya... hope ya get it back so u can get the yfz! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

it was impounded because NOPD recovered it. But apparently, the vin was not put in the system as stolen, OR, it was put in wrong. No telling how long they have had it. An investigator called me today after researching and calling Bardwell Yamaha... said he was investigating the theft of the bike from THEM! Someone cut the fence of the impound yard and stole my bike (again) and another bike that the VIN had been sanded off of

I'm just wondering if they are responsible for the bike in their custody, and if they don't recover it, will I be compensated

thanks for all the encouragement though... if you don't have insurance, get it NOW. ATV's are HOT items

Old 02-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Range Rover

Kraw, I work for the Sheriffs Office in Baton Rouge. If the impound yard is NOPD property, and maintained by them, then yes, they are responsible. If our evidence room loses a gun for example, and the owner wins the gun back in court, we have to buy it. Period.
IF the impound yard is a wrecker yard owned by a company, its their responsiblity to replace it, that is what insurance is for.
If you dont get a fairly immediate response from this investigator, you should call him back, and tell him you need a check for the bike, and ask who their insurance company is. If they resist that, call an attorney.

S.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Range Rover

Kraw this may work in your favor. If you are able to get a rembursmant for your bike then you don't have to worry about selling it and you will probably get more back than what you would get for selling it. And then you can get that YFZ sooner.

Old 02-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badittude
Kraw, I work for the Sheriffs Office in Baton Rouge. If the impound yard is NOPD property, and maintained by them, then yes, they are responsible. If our evidence room loses a gun for example, and the owner wins the gun back in court, we have to buy it. Period.IF the impound yard is a wrecker yard owned by a company, its their responsiblity to replace it, that is what insurance is for. If you dont get a fairly immediate response from this investigator, you should call him back, and tell him you need a check for the bike, and ask who their insurance company is. If they resist that, call an attorney.S.
glad you replied... I was goign to email you. I'm going to call back today and talk to some people!

Justin, you are right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

all new plot twist!

I just got off the phone with KPD (Kenner, where I live). Seems NO report was EVER made on my Raptor!!!?!!?!?!?! The only report they made was on an attempted theft of my Grizzly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty hot right now. Will update as this continues [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

WTF? Theres something fishy going on there. Like badittude said, thats what insurance is for, someone will have to replace it. That detective has already told you that they had it, and the dealership they called to track you down can witness to that. Hope it all works out for you.

Quick Reply: Blue Raptor stolen in Kenner (New Orleans area)