Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

honda 450 comes up short against yamma 450 (dirtwheels)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda 450 comes up short against yamma 450 (dirtwheels)

DINLI450. Is it like a canindale?

Old 01-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have friends that spent big dollars building custom CRF450 quads the last few years. They were not bad at the time but NONE still own them now. The only thing the CRF450 had going for it was the fact you could buy a crate motor.

The Bold new graphics is so sad so true.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Reliability, my friends, is an attribute that has been owned by Honda and will always be owned by Honda as long as they continue to manufacture ATVs. When it's all said and done, the performance will be decided by the rider. However, if the YFZ somehow does become consistently dominant on the track, the R will rule the cross country scene. Baja. That's all I've got to say. Ready for my verbal beating by the Yamaha people........

Old 01-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: z250freak
DINLI450. Is it like a canindale?
We'll all find out at the Indy show - but word has been sounding good lately.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Reliability, my friends, is an attribute that has been owned by Honda and will always be owned by Honda as long as they continue to manufacture ATVs. When it's all said and done, the performance will be decided by the rider. However, if the YFZ somehow does become consistently dominant on the track, the R will rule the cross country scene. Baja. That's all I've got to say. Ready for my verbal beating by the Yamaha people........
Hey man I'm with you!,this seems like ayami forum!,any way will see the great reliability of yamaho!,proven on their great raptor tranny,their super fast unstable banshee,awesome blaster and now we have the new yfz with its great 3 months old caracteristics.Time will tell and hope the you owners say the truth about how good and reliable it really is!By the way I love the 350lbs shock set up!OK honda bashers start your fingers!See in baja maybe this time a yfzkxozm,whatever will make it to the finish in the first 5 places LOL!!! bye bye.

Old 01-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Pro Rider

You know, I cant disagree that torque is a must, and thats what gets you moving, but, if you have enough horsepower, it more than compinsates (spelling) for it. MY raptor has gobs of torque, and its getting its butt beat pretty bad by my yfz.
Also, just for an example, I have a 2000 toyota tacoma, with a trd supercharger and some other mods. The thing is running about 285-295 horsepower, but only about 270lbs of torque. My brother has a thunderbird Super coupe (supercharged), is running about 265 horsepower at most, but has well over 320lbs of torque. I kick his A$$ every single time, 0-60mph!! Torque will not always get you out of a deprivation of horsepower is my point! By the way, its a great time to be had, beating the absolute **** out of people in a 4x4, 4inch lift, w/ mud tires, when I go up against sport cars!! 0-60mph in 6.6-6.7 seconds, tested and tried many times, especially agaist guys 5.9L r/t dakotas and all the kids in rice burners!!
But anyways, didnt mean to start talking about vehicles, but its an example that sticks out in my mind. Hondas underpowered, and yes, torque will be good in small tight tracks, but the yfz will whale on the trx on every other track, IMO!

Old 01-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
In the new issue of dirt wheels(march 2004) the new honda 450 came up short to the yamaha 450. A few of the facts

1. wet weight- yamaha 450 weighed 378 to the stripped down honda's 376
2. Power- the new 450 honda made 37 hp at 7300 rpm to the yamaha450's 39.3 at 8050 rpm With aftermarket exhaust the gap was even bigger with the power going to the yamaha.
3. The dirtwheels crew said the yamaha was compitition ready and called the Honda trx a trail and track quad.

As i have said in earlier post that honda dropped the ball on this new quad. Coulda, shoulda been better. The yamaha has better motor build up possibilites over the honda. The quads are basicly the same weight and that lack of HP will be impossible to make up. Honda has always been at the back of the pack when it comes to the motors anyway.

You know it had to pain the dirtwheels guys to say anything bad about honda from all the money honda spends with them. LOL

Round 1 goes to yamaha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Round 1 might have went to Yamaha but round 2 has gone to Honda, click here for all the details!!

Old 01-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st of all, when did yammi win the 1st round. As far as I know the honda has won every race it has been in. And dont whine and say it is because of Farr, your saying Ellis and Creech aren't great riders.

2nd, SOME of you yammi guys always bi*th and mone about dirtwheels until they say somethind good about the yfz. I dont care what is better, just have fun w/ what u got. RED OR BLUE.

And for the racers, either quad will win a race. If u can't win, it isn't the quad's fault.

Ridley, u are soo cool, no one can beat ur mighty yfz. No one gives two cents because u have a yfz. Ur no better than someone w/ a badger. U probably dont even have one!

Old 01-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The average guy will be faster on the new yamaha over the new honda.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

The Supercoupe had 210-215 hp and 310 ft/lbs.....

Quick Reply: honda 450 comes up short against yamma 450 (dirtwheels)