Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

STARTED MY NEW JOB ON SUNDAY!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STARTED MY NEW JOB ON SUNDAY!

I will agree there is a defiant problem when people who do not know how to do the job get the dollars when there is quailfied people who do not and I am Union. But I do not get the second part, it does not matter if your union or not company, with the laws that are govt has passed it is a no brainer for the companies to move outside. Heck, I would not be supprised if the govt helps pay for the move. Yes there is problems with unions but in the same note my family is better off and I am involved 100% so I know where the money is going and who it goes to and I help to make the decisions when we need new contracts or need to make changes in the insurance. The only way to change something is to get involved and VOTE. I got some other beefs about the unions but that is for another day. LOCAL 1496. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

#2 directly relates to #1 - if the same job paid 2x as much it wouldn't be worth importing things and all the extra trouble. When the same job costs 5x as much, it now is cheaper to import than to manufacture inside US. I understand that Unions are great for a lot of hardworking Americans, but in the same way they end up hearting the same people indirectly in the future.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

The house that was built next to me was built by a new contractor and he told me he would not use union labor as they just stand around when you are not looking, well he paid for alot of coffee and smoke breaks to build that house. If you have good work ethics you will work a fairs day work for a fairs day pay. I assume you are talking about car and truck manufactures? I grew up in Michigan and my mom worked for a company that built parts for Ford and they up and moved to Mexico City in the early 90's, was not union and they did not pay well either, she made 8 dollars an hour and worked there for 10 years. But I family that works in Dearborn and they make 35 an hour and I would not say they are the most productive either. I wonder if the unions were to go away today if the prices would drop? Nah, we get used to paying a price and we will still pay it, just like when the price of oil goes up the gas goes with it, when the oil comes down the price of gas stays the same. When you pay x amount of dollars for something for any amnount of time you will continue to do so. AlaskaBoy.