Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ok, can we stop with the...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, can we stop with the...

Originally posted by: 14mins
Hondas are so boring, i see why they come to the yamaha forum. I can not think about a honda quad for more that 30 seconds. ( it puts me to sleep) I would rather replace the tranny gears and one-way on my raptor that own a 400ex

At the dunes the 400ex's are chicks quads.

14mins can you post your top 1-56, no one has posted the bomb yet. I'm sure it's not #1 but it can't be #57 in our opinion, or can it? I like to here your opinion! I just stop in for a minute & will leave this subject early, not here to start or finish anything. I just like your opinion. I hope I don't get stoned to death, by rocks I mean!LOL!
Later everybody! I'm stepping out!

Old 02-04-2004, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440EX026
Allright you all want some action LMAO

Heeeeere we goooo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Its not the top amount of hp that wins races, and no its not best rider either, and its not even the most useable power or the flatter torque and hp curves, and though I have thought for a long time that its a combination of all of these I have learned that this isnt it either.

What is it?

C'mon you have to some thoughts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No your not giving up already are ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Well in short its the machine and rider that can meet all the above plus have a little luck on their side and the cash needed to get it all and transport it to the track, but there aint a bit of this worth the sweat off a over paid underworked middled aged wrinkly democrats butt if the damn quad isnt reliable and dont run or finish the race.

This is why my yamaha is the "spare" or "loaner" and the HONDA is the first string playa.

OK now you all have something to biotch about LMFAO

HAVE FUN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Honda, first string playa??? LOL!!!! I honestly don't hate any manufacturer and I have owned Honda MX bikes!!! Seems to me, Reed is loaning the losses to Honda in SX! Pikes Peak winners, wait, honda doesnt enter, I wondery why! GNCC, well Zuki handed it to everyone the first one!!! Drag races, wait, honda shouldnt enter! My point is this! You can say what you want about 14' mins, I dont know they guy but I do find his post's and YOU HONDA owners replys very amusing, but the post you just now wrote, you definately called the kettle black on that one!!!!! Can we say CHILDISH!

Old 02-04-2004, 04:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Countryjoeglass- My opinion on the DS. I used to despise them, did not like anything about them. Then Rooster and Hurycne used to show up weekly to race us. As along as i was winning against them i loved them .LOL

BombDS650's are well built and heavy duty. Part of there down fall though. The average DS rider is larger and weighs more than a raptor which is good for us rappy guys. Drop 2000 dollar in a DS and 2000 in a raptor and the raptor wins. After that point things will change to some degree. A well built pammi 760 flat a$$ makes HP and is Very hard to beat. I have met LOTS od DS riders. I sometimes think i have met all of them. lol TO me the DS guys will spend more on the DS's than a raptor guy will. DS riders seem to be older than the average raptor owner and has more mechanical knowlege and will try more creative ways to gain HP. Ds's seem to really respond to ALky and the owners can really put it away also. I personally do not like the foot brake on the DS, seems to small and tucked in to close to the motor. I almost crashed the rooster pammi/craycraft 703 cause of that. Anyone that has ever seen scooby's turbo DS , SWEET!! Jeff, the bom, dunedevil,samcoeds, dsmike, bigger and a few more have extremely fast DS's. DS parts seem high to me. It take a skilled builder to find the HP in a DS. I do not have any comments on how they handle or ride in the trail sceene since i have never seen one on the trails. I have gone on dune rides with 10 DS's and i was the only raptor. ( slighty worried they were going to beat me up in the middle of nowhere. lol )

There you go, i will stick with my raptor. ( i actually thought about buying a new DS from TVI when i was at 4sw1 and i gernaded my tranny for the second time) Think goodness i came to me sences and ward660 took me to yumma to buy a new raptor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Lining up beside a DS gets the blood flowing.

We have been hard at work on the raptors and hopefully we will prevail, either way i always have a good time.

Where do i place it?

When it comes to racing (drag) what else is there besides a raptor and DS? I would own a DS before a cannon, 400ex, polaris

Old 02-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

This is my topic? BUMP!

Well, as someone said "its getting boreing"
yes thats the point for the post! THANKS! some one else.

But I am not here to stir up trouble, but I am just saying its getting boreing. And I am not a demon crapit, I am a republi. And that needs a bump also. But I am just saying that we need to stop with the SAME OL' LAME' Ol' TALK ABOUT HONDA VS. YAMAHA. WE ALL HAVE A $0.02 and thats what makes the world spin. Everyone has a $0.02 and I gave mine, and you gave yours.

Thanks,
Freak

Old 02-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

14mins Thanks!

Old 02-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Quadfather
Exactly what I would expect to hear from someone with a stable full of Yamahas. Now that Honda is proving itself, the other brand loyalists have found another avenue to credit their wins towards. The honda riders got an extra drink of water at a checkpoint, therefore, they won. What a bunch of horsecrap. Was Yamaha not allowed to give their riders the same support/amenities that Honda was allowed? Don't you think that Yamaha would have done every thing in their power to show that their quad was superior?

I just don't get all of the Honda VS Yamaha crap. I don't own either, and could care who comes out on top. They are both incredible machines, obviously. I have more important things to worry about than if some little kid on a Yamaha with snot running down his nose can pull ahead of another little kid on a Honda.

I also think that the moderators should be ashamed at themselves for letting certain threads go on for nine or ten pages that were started for no other reason than to incite arguments and hatred. Especially when the majority of them are started by the same few members time and time again..
This guy is A1.

Old 02-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

[/quote]You can say what you want about 14' mins, I dont know they guy but I do find his post's and YOU HONDA owners replys very amusing, but the post you just now wrote, you definately called the kettle black on that one!!!!! Can we say CHILDISH![/quote]

I hope you guys knew that was a joke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not that if I believe it or not is of any substance, but I posted it as to poke fun at all the guys who are so blinded with brand loyalty that they can no longer see clearly and make insane posts all the time just like the one I did here to mock them.

Thought it was kind of creative with lots of drama and suspense LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyhow sorry to anyone who was mislead etc but not to those who normally post blinded and fanatical opinions, as this was meant as a poke at you.

Old 02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Hondas are so boring, i see why they come to the yamaha forum. I can not think about a honda quad for more that 30 seconds. ( it puts me to sleep) I would rather replace the tranny gears and one-way on my raptor that own a 400ex

At the dunes the 400ex's are chicks quads.
ex's arent top speed quads

Old 02-04-2004, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Yamaha=#1
Polaris=#2
Kawi=#3
Zuki=#4
AC=#5
Gas Gas=#6
Canondale=#7
John Deere=#8

Honda=56
LMAO to me thats true too.....

Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Honda =56 lol

For a short time the 400ex was the king of the fourstrokes in 99 and 2000. As soon as the rappy came guys gave the 400ex to the wives and girlfriends. Go to the dunes and that is all i see on the 400ex's women and children.

Quick Reply: ok, can we stop with the...