Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Opinions, please

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions, please

To the Boy formerly known as "michigan boy." No offence, I couldn't resist, Prince (singer)refernce. I haven't actually bought it yet, but I have an advertised price of $4850, plus $300 in free accesories, plus a $50 travel bonus for over 30 mi. which I qualify for. I also talked to another dealer that says they will beat the deal, I just have to bring in the numbers for them. I'm hoping that crisp $100 bills may make the deal even sweeter. I think the free $$ will go toward a plow. Do you think chains are in order? If so, do I need them all around or just in the back? Nice to hear I don't have to spend the extra $$ for the warranty. I was hoping that it would go as you mentioned as long as I kept up with the regular maint. And I must say that some of your posts were VERY infuential in my decision to buy the 450. Thanks

Old 02-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Opinions, please

Prince is alot skinnier then me. Cash deffiantly talks. I got a call from a friend the other night and he told me is getting 9000 back on his taxes and wanted me to go with him to spend it, he wants the exact of what I got and I was more then happy to help him spend his money. As for chains, yes I would go with them for plowing. If you get bigger tires {larger then 25 inch} you will not be able to find chains but if you stay stock then it easy to find. I wish I had gone with the plow rather then the winch for 60 bucks as we got snow this year and I had to shovel. Next year I will have one. So what are you getting with the money?AlaskaBoy.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Opinions, please

I don't see cash talking any louder than someone willing to fill out a yamaha credit app. or getting drafting instructions from the bank........
in reallity most of the companys get a reserve from the finance companies by giving them the business........so they SHOULD be more willing to cut the price for quads being financed through Household Credit Serices (Polaris/Yamaha/kawasaki retail financing business)

Old 02-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Opinions, please

After countless hours on the net, I have decided to go with the 450 Kodiak. I honestly think that I would prefer a 5 speed which is offered on the Vinson, but that machine costs more & no locking diff. I haven't drove any myself, but being all that I'm used to are in the late 1980's, I'm sure I'll be satisfied. As mentioned before, I'm more conserned with longevity than plush, or speed anyway. As for cash not making a difference, I sure get asked a lot how I am paying before getting a quote & some have come right out and said they price can go down a little if I use greenbacks. Maybe that just simply lets them know I can't back out, or maybe cash is a little harder for the IRS to track. I don't know.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Opinions, please

Good choice. You are a informed buyer and should have no remorse. I did my homework and am pleased with it. As long as you know the possibles that could go wrong you have an idea on what steps to take to fix it. Enjoy. I am also glad I was some help in your decesion.
Yes cash does talk, the price of the quad was 6100 hundred with credit and 5700 cash, so there is something to what I said. AlaskaBoy.