Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

EVERYONE COME TOGETHER = TV TIME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVERYONE COME TOGETHER = TV TIME!!!

Hi, I am writing to encorage all of you to e-mail or write in to www.speedtv.com to get more atv/motorcycle programming on. I have been to several forums and everyone always complains that there is rarely race coverage on tv. SO I figured I could start a campain on all the sites I am aware of and get people to flood them with letters and e-mails. SO PLEASE DO THIS LETS GET SOME PLUBLICITY AND GET ON TV. NOT ONLY PLUBLICITY BUT WE CAN ALSO ENERTAIN OURSELVES AND WATCH MORE RACES AND EVENTS ON TV!!!

Thanks
Josh W.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm proud jdwxv3, your first post and you are already trying to change the world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

I personally have talked to a speedvision rep and he stated that they were looking into it, that was about a year ago. There is a petition somewhere on these forums to get atv's in the x games. It would be great to see our sport become popular with the masses, the way that motorcycle super/arena cross and freestyle has started to become.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am a regular in a few other forums. New to this one. I have been around atvs for most of my life. I race the Missouri series and would love to see the national races put on TV. I wish someone could do an economic impact study and see what kind of impact atv's and dirtbikes have on micro economy's across the nation. I am sure a huge economic increase is seen in cities that host national atv and dirt bike events. I just think we deserve some TV time. If Speedvision does not want to do it for us maybe we can petition espn 2 or something. I mean a couple years ago espn 2 had the national spelling bee on TV!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Is that even a freakin sport? We work hard, spend lots of money on our sport, and still no recognition! Just write in only takes 5 min. It is worth a shot. Let em know we are still here and wanting time. If we get proper time advertising dollars could be made by the network.

Later,
Guys

Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

jdwxv3, what do you race? What part of MO are you from?

Old 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Going to race B on either a 400ex or a Z400 this year. From Jefferson City. Where are you from? Now go write to www.speedtv.com !!!!!!!!!

Later,
Josh

Old 02-11-2004, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: maddog56
There is a petition somewhere on these forums to get atv's in the x games.

The link is in my Signature

Old 02-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

maybe we should do one of those online petitions?

Old 02-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

If you guys watch Windtunnel he mentioned the other night way the quads are not getting there time in the spot light. Right now all the manufactures are spending there time and money on the street bikes for the races. Also the TV time takes money and there is not that much coming in. There was a guy that asked and basically that was Dave's answer. Also he stated that there has to be an emormous amount of viewers to keep this kind of coverage going to show this is not a boring sport, that means millions watching the event without walking away from the TV or switching channels within 10 minutes into the event.

Example- In Nascar watching (what I call pizza cutter races) when a race starts and there is no excitement I change the channel and tune back in a hour or two hours later to see what is going on, and catch the highlights of what happened before that point. Or when the race is on NBC I just listen to the radio because there coverage sucks to the extreme.

If you want your answer then E-mail Dave on Speed TV and if your question is good enough he will answer it on TV for you.

Old 02-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

personally i would rather keep the sport underground. I would hate to see everyone jump on the bandwogon because it looks cool on TV. then the laws would get stricter, prices would go up and trails over populated. just my .02.... maybe im right, maybe im wrong, but would hate to change things and they get worse.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people havent jumped on motorcycles too much. They became pretty popular, but I dont see many more of them today than I did a few years ago. Maybe the atv industry would be the same.