Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Getting everything dialed in on my Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting everything dialed in on my Warrior?

Recently I bought the e-series pro meg muffler, WB Power filter, Torque Stuffer, and K&N Jet Kit. I was quite disapointed when I looked at the instructions for the e-series muffler and seen that it had a dyno sheet on the muffler with some not so impressive numbers. Everything that I had read on this forum said that it would offer higher gains in the mid to upper revs, but the way the muffler comes it shows almost a 2 hp gain before mid revs. My first question would be how do I get the powerband gains to the mid to upper powerband (do I have to add plates, etc.?) and if anybody else out there has a similar setup what did you do to dial it in. I was also thinking of upgrading to a 14 tooth front sproket - Is it worth it?

Also is the WB Powerfilter worth a damn, or should I get a different filter setup? The filter came with the muffler that I got from www.atvaddiction.com for free so I thought I would use that instead of a K&N. What do you think?

Just to let you know, I looked everywhere and the best price on the E-Series is at atvaddiction for $229.95!

Old 02-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm....your not gonna get much from a pipe. If you get 2hp on a warrior, Thats pretty good.
Next step in performance is Cam and Piston....get either a .20, .40, or .80 bored over piston and get it bored out..then put a .450 cam...and add a 14 maybe 15tooth front....thats what id do

Old 02-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I would get much more with a bore kit and a cam, but I don't have the capitol at this time to do those mods (Hopefully by August), but I would like to get the most out of the setup that I currently have so If anybody knows any tricks I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

Also, Is there any cams that I could run without doing valve springs and a different piston, or am i just going to be wasting my money?

Old 02-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the cam, but If you plan keeping your warrior, I'd put some money into suspension before anything else...just ordered my rear shock today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but umm...to get the most out of your setup, I'd run a K&N, The Pipe, Drill some holes in your airbox, and the main thing....JETTING.....if you have perfect jetting, you will have plenty of gains....if you want..you should check out Dial-A-Jet. Simply turn a dial to run richer or leaner....only problem is...in order for it to work correctly, you need to have your quad setup running lean, not rich, or it will not work or you.

Dial-A-Jet website www.thunderproducts.com