Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Big Gun exhaust on raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Gun exhaust on raptor

My buddy on this board "Harv" has the Alba and he knows and I know its a POS!!!! When I had my DMC before my Sparks it had WAY more power then the Alba EVER could. Sorry not trying to bash just don't tell me somethings the best just because YOU have it and have tried nothing else OR because some weak MAG said so!!!!! JMHO and 90% of the people that have had the Alba and moved up there not even in the top 5!!!!

Pat

Old 02-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I have the Big Gun full system. I had a lot of problems with it at first getting it bolted up. The part where the 2 pieces of header pipes come together was to tight and, i couldn't make a final adjustment at the last minute before bolt up. I had to take it all out move it and, put it back on and, try to get it to line up (if that made any sence). I now have the pipe bolted on properly w/ no leaks and, It made a HUGE Difference over stock. I can just gun it in 3rd and, it will wheelie w/ no problem where it wouldn't come close before. I found a combo deal in a magazine for the Full Pipe, jet kit, proflow adapter and, K&N clamp-on for a great price Around 540 to 560 so i did it and, don't regret it. Other fullsystem pipes where that price "alone" so i figured i'd try the bang for the buck! I'm Glad!

I talked to Big Gun a few times while struggling w/ the pipe and, they said it was a "very rare problem" where the tolerances may have been to tight between peices. They offerd to send me a replacement but they were on back order and, i didn't want to wait so i fought till i got it on! I ended up putting some grease in the the fitting and, this helped a ton.

I got it on in early November and, it has been to crappy here in Chicago since then to get the Jetting dailed in perfect but there is definitly a huge difference. I also think the sound is awesome! I did purchase the Quiet core to make sure I can get on the dunes though, it is LOUD w/o the Q core.

Old 02-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

well, since I already have the full setup I think I will keep it to see how it is gonna go since I put a stage 2 cam and 11:1 piston and port and polished the head. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but hopefully I will like it.

I appreciate everyones honest opinion, but I think since it flows so well that with the other mods I just done, I should be happy with it. I Hope

Old 02-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you will like the performance with the other mods your installing!

Old 02-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

ok, thanks alot patsraptor

Old 02-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

Which stage Alba pipe is this? The stag 3 performance kit produces amazing power.

Old 02-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey bud, I didn't have to try anything else. There is plenty of stock raptors around here with just pipes. So far the Alba has been the best I've seen, with the exception of a friends Yoshi on a 770. So no, I'm not just going with what I've got, I'm going with what I have seen. I'm not agreeing with any magazine, I'm just telling you about the performance gains I got with the Alba.

If it was anywhere near weak I would have already changed to something else.

Old 02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

I have the CT setup and love it, the noise isn't EVEN CLOSE to that of the alba, the alba flat HURTS if your behind them..... the kit comes with everything you need, never had to rejet or change clip levels, it's ALL DONE FOR YOU, I have run it at sea level and at 6000 Ft and it runs AWSOME. If you want to fool with it and try other combinations, then buy another pipe, i just saved my cash and bought the setup that i knew would work outa the box, it gave me a AWSOME gain over stock. like i said before the noise is a problem at most riding areas, it's not loud enough that somones going to hassle you, but not queit enough to have them not hassle you, just watch your back when adding aftermarket pipes.

Old 02-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
and I guarentee it will blow your DMC out of the water.

Alba pipe vs. a DMC is not even close. Alba is definetly top of the line when it comes to pipes.
Now your just plain crazy. Alba is not even in the top ten.

Old 02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

everyone is gonna have there own opinion, whatever works best for someone on a particular setup doesn't mean its the best and just because says that what "they" have is the best doesn't mean that it is the best. Just about everyone is gonna be partial to whatever they have and claim that it is better than anything else.

Quick Reply: Big Gun exhaust on raptor