Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee time guyz

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee time guyz

all this talk about a shee running 150MPH has got me wanting one.........j/k

I think I have the craptor sold and I'm going to replace it with a 2000 model shee for 2500 big ones.........I don't think it ever had a bath in its life so I will have to do a lil powder coating etc.......but I am going to make it fast first

I'm getting 7500 for the craptor The guy is going to the bank today when he gets out of school.....his grandmother is supposed to be either giving him the money or he will be getting a loan in her name.....I'm unsure of which......
and I owe 3000 on it........so I will have 2500 for the shee and have 2000 left for the MOTOR......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
what should I do for 2000
I'm not a 2stroke genius so I don't know what to do........
I plan to get it ported......those CPI inframes that Hiram brags so much about.......power pistons and have the port windows raised also.......
a cool head that make enough compression to require C12..........and I'm going to get the stock head milled so I can run pump gas when I need too.......
would I gain much by going to the vitos 404 kit?
what else you would you fellers recomend?

Old 02-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

It would be so much cheaper to buy one already done.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

I agree......but Like to make sure it is done right.......

Old 02-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want it fast but reliable, then keep the stock, or smaller bores. The motor will take a lot less stress and will scream on the top end. 350cc Banshees can be made bad fast. It is easier to fill the top end with a smaller area given the same crankcase volume.

Old 02-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your getting rid of your awesome Raptor, for a 2 stroke that is constantly tearing up, and requires very high maintence? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bubba297
If you want it fast but reliable, then keep the stock, or smaller bores. The motor will take a lot less stress and will scream on the top end. 350cc Banshees can be made bad fast. It is easier to fill the top end with a smaller area given the same crankcase volume.
I had actually thought about leaving it a 350 for a while.......that is a great idea.....what can be done to a 350 to make it scream?

Old 02-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Your getting rid of your awesome Raptor, for a 2 stroke that is constantly tearing up, and requires very high maintence? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I have always wanted a shee........and now I think I have the opportunity to get one........and if I can get that much out of my raptor that just makes it that much better.......
I should have a faster quad and not owe a dime on it............
sounds great to me.......

Old 02-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hear the Hondashees are the fastest of the Banshee family. Yes you too can drive as fast as Ozzy if you too purchase a Hondashee.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds cool Scary, but You still have to set-up the rest of it, not only the motor. I noticed you had extended A-arms, aftermarket shocks, axle extender, etc. on your Raptor. Are you really gonna be happy with a rocket motor in a narrow, short suspension set-up? I am definately not one to point someone in the direction of reason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], but don't forget to account for all the other "miscellanious" things you'll have to do to the Banshee on top of the powder coating. Plus you are not the original owner of the shee'. How about if it has engine/transmission problems? Don't get me wrong I think the Banshee would be one hot machine, but look how much you have invested in your Rappy, and you now (from what I see) have a perfect set-up for the rappy.

Just playing "devil's advocate" here. You certainly make your own decision, but these are definately things to contemplate.

Old 02-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

First off they don't break if you take care of them. And as for maintenance there is no more then a 4 stroke but you change the case oil more often thats it. So stop makeing up BS. As for your set up it sounds good but don't bore it out. Unless you get a big bore it wollnt get any more power it'll just shorten the life of the jugs. As for the cool head get a Nossmachine head, Ask for david he'll answer any questions. They look better, preform the same and are cheaper then a coolhead. Plus they use stock studs. www. nossmachine.com. As for getting the head milled also to run on pump. That is a bad Idea here's why. One of the good things to an aftermarket head is so you can change domes these change compression. There about $60. Just buy a larger set to switch too when you want to run pump. Another reason for this is Aftermarket heads come with o-rings wich means no more gaskets. So you can change as much as you want and dont have to replace anything. IF you switch to a milled head from a noss/ cool head you need to buy another gasket. Thats like $10. So if you look at it the price of a milled head and price of a new gasket everytime you want to put it back on it will cost you way more then just getting an extra set of dome.

PS. You'll be very glad you switched to a banshee.

Quick Reply: Banshee time guyz