Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help! Raptor Ignition key by-pass

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Raptor Ignition key by-pass

I have lost my only key to my 02 raptor. Is there any way to bypass the key like on a Banshee? HELP Please.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

do you know how the wires are connected to the end of the key turner thingy well pull them out and i bet itll start right up.... if you dont plug it back in the batteries willl go down lol im pretty sure this will work -Matt- pm me for more ?'s

Old 02-28-2004, 12:21 AM
The Facility

I saw this thread earlier and wondered if someone would post.

I cannot believe someone actually responded to this question in the public forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

what do you mean KNOWSALOT? I tried to help the guy out with the ignition!!! hes a new member---> welcome to the posts

Old 02-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

he could be trying to steal it raptorboy.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:45 AM
The Facility

Exactly. A new member asking for help about hot wiring a Raptor!

Do you know this guy personally? If somebody you didn't know called your house and asked how to hotwire a Raptor, would you tell him? How would you feel if your Raptor was gone the next morning?

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to give you a hard time really. It's just that the stolen quad posts you read here in the forums are nothing compared to real everyday life. I get a helf dozen calls each month with guys giving me key numbers and to red flag anyone who omes in wanting a key made. My bulletin board has dozen of stolen quad pics on it. Some of my riding buddies have had their stuff stolen as well.

twostroketerror could be fully legit. I'm not calling him a thief. He may be someone who's really in a bind and is ready to ride tomorrow....but who here knows that to be fact? If someone does, they need to tell him what needs to be done to help him.

That's what I meant by my post Raptorboy. I wasn't flaming at you. Maybe you see my point. Maybe you think I'm paranoid...LOL

twostroketerror, I mean no disrespect to you by my comments.
If you don't live far away from your dealer, unplug your ignition switch in the morning and run it down there. They can make you a key for about $3.00 and it only takes a couple of minutes.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

I woulda just told him to go to a dealership and show his title, give them his vin# and have them cut him a new one.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hebs
I woulda just told him to go to a dealership and show his title, give them his vin# and have them cut him a new one.
thats what I did, only cost $6

Old 02-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The funny thing is I have a feeling that Raptorboy 4life's idea won't work. I know FOR A FACT it will not work on a Prairie. A couple of us met at a local sand pit one day. One of the guys left his key at home, which was about 30 minutes away. So instead of going to get it he/we thought we could just hot wire it. After fussing, cussing, getting electricuted, and just plain old tired we gave up. No matter what we did it wouldn't start. We did get it to turn the motor over, but it never would actually start up. Come to find out the keys, for that quad at least, have some kind of resistor that takes or gives off some certain ohm something or other ( I am NOT an electrician by any stretch of the imagination) to start his bike up. Its like some of the old Camaros.

With as bad as quad theft has gotten, if twostroketerror really owns a quad and is not just a theif he will understand. If he is a theif I hope the 12v battery shocks him untill he pisses his pants.

Old 02-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Range Rover

he could b trying 2 steal it

Quick Reply: Help! Raptor Ignition key by-pass