Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor

Originally posted by: 2untouchables690
Very simple to understand why one would be faster stock then the other. If the Raptor come stock with a higher compression piston, a more aggressive cam, and 35mm fcr's, you tell me which one would be faster.

ok yes I agree if it came like that the raptor would be faster but how much would it cost?

Like I've said before if you don't know what you talkin about then don't even post. Dude, I've only seen you post a couple times and both were the most idiotic posts I've ever seen. You obviously don't know anything about engines or ATV's in general. Go on the Honda forum er somethin.
Ok so I don't know what I'm talking about??? So you are telling me the raptor hasn't been out longer than the yfz? or that the yfz won't beat a raptor stock vs. stock?

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about somebody wants to say there is no replacement for displacement about the raptor then I say the yfz beats it and all of sudden there is excuses well the yfz has this and the raptor doesn't. Get over it the raptor isn't the best quad ever made. Yes the yfz has better parts stock than the raptor but it was made for racing the raptor wasn't.

Maybe you think the raptor is better because you basically ride dunes and modded raptors are awesome for cruising around the dunes but let me see you go through any type of woods section on your raptor as fast as I do on my yfz or let me see you go around the mx track as fast I guarantee you can't. The point is, is big deal you can go in a straight line faster with your modded raptor than a yfz with no mods.

But you want to start bashing me because of a simple reply that was true obviously you need to get a life and grow up and you want to tell me to go to the honda forum you are probably one of the reasons that make everybody from the honda forum not like people that own raptors. I'm not even going to be like you and start bashing because then it clogs the thread with useless garbage that won't help anybody so just end it now and lets get back to the regular topic. Now I hope you can do this without making any stupid replies back.
How much would it cost? About the same it would cost for the YFZ. Cause HOW much more money is the yfz compared to the Raptor? Exactly.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

And it also doesnt matter how long its been out. Sparks has already released a big bore kit for the Raptor, and its only putting out 55 HP, where Yamaha660R's Craycraft 686 is going to be putting out about 65.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

thats pretty funny considering I beat craycrafts all day long

Old 03-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

and actually at my dealer there really is not much of a price difference they are selling raptors for 6499 and yfz's for 6899

Old 03-01-2004, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

and I was reading on here that one place was selling yfz's for like 6500 otd so I guess it just depends on the dealer

Old 03-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

diescarred was what the point of that well craycraft is faster than sparks was it because you had nothing else to say and thought that that would offend me or something well it kinda just gave me a little laugh when I read that there is videos on here of sparks690 beating craycrafts search for it

Old 03-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

1st of all Yamaha660r was saying "theres no replacement for displacement" because when it comes down to modding, once you get to a certaint points in mods, the only thing you can do is more displacement. Same mods on 2 quads will results in the bigger engine producing more hp. That being said, you cannot compare a race ready quad, with a lot of performance parts stock, to a detuned larger displacement quad, and then say "but it has less cc's".

Anyways, I think Raptor would produce the most hp, but I dont know which would be fastest, since there is a wieght and rev diff.
Fuels do effect the way a machine runs, but isnt a huge factor unless comparing gas to alcohol.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

who ever said it has less cc's???

Old 03-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

btw i think your dealer would be ripping you off at that price for a rappy. I ussually see them around 6000 otd

Old 03-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2untouchables690
who ever said it has less cc's???
You did.

well in that case how comes out of the box the yfz will beat the raptor in the 300 ft. drag
You were replying to the displacement phrase.

Quick Reply: More HP. TRX, YFZ, Raptor